Lake Jocassee Water Temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keb001

Registered
Reaction score
I'm headed to Lake Jocassee Saturday. What are the temps/where are the thermoclines? Last time I dove there, it was June (a few years ago) and I was comfy in a 2pc famer john 5mil with hood and gloves down to 85'. Thanks in advance!

I dove the ramp this past weekend. I was in a 3mm full and was kind of over dressed to 90'. I am headed to the wall today. I will pay better attention to the temperature and let you know.

I will look at my computer when I get home tonight and give you some temps. I have been diving to 80' for a month and a half with nothing but a bathing suit and a rashguard top. Anything past 80' a full 3mil and hood would be recommended at minimum. If you are looking to go deeper than 130', 5mil and hood. Will give you some exact temps later tonight.

Went to the wall today. Computer was showing 66 at 105'. The surface is in the 80s. The vis sucked between 60 and 70, but once you got below it, it opened up nicely. I wore just a 7mm farmer john because we were supposed to go deeper but my buddy turned the dive early. I was comfortable and would have been fine in a full 3mm.

83 @ surface, 64 @ 145'. Depends on the dive you will be doing, I would suggest a full 3mm and hood if you plan on doing any depth above 80'. If diving above 80', depends on you, I would just wear a shirt skin and bathing suit or a thin shorty if I were you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom