Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't do this afternoon. Still work to do and it is 3hr drive for me. Never been to LJ so hope I can make it this weekend. Suggestions?

Water was nice and warm on the surface: 82F Temp @ 56' was 75F. I did not dive with a wetsuit, but for longer dives I would have liked a 3mm.
Viz was around 20'...until some river-dancer started mucking it up.

I'll be at the ramp on Sunday morning....going to try out a different BC. LJ dive shop fixed my BC but I want to try a different one.

Tony and me made it up to the ramp to day. We got in two really good dives .The lake is reali up high , Not much of a walk down the ramp . The water was really warm it was 82* on the surface 65*at 92" viz was not that good (10') down to 70' past that is was really good 20'. we thought that there was going to be a lot of divers art the ramp. but there was just a couple small groups but didn"t stay long. it was a purfact day do dive

Whos diving July 16th? I hear they are doing some kind of rodeo from padi. I'll be there then doing a boat dive in the afternoon.

Since this is a Jocassee thread I thought you guys mite want to see a video I just put together from a dive there nearly 10 years ago of the expedition to locate and dive
Camp Jocassee Enjoy

YouTube - ‪Lake Jocassee.dv‬‏

The PADI rodeo is not going to happen this year. We are however puting together a HUGE lake cleanup on the 30th. Untitled Document
If any of you would like to come out and help, just call the shop and tell them that I sent you. I'll be helping out on one of Bill's boats all day.

I just booked an afternoon dive with Bill's boat and they told me the rodeo was happening and that it would be at the ramp. Starting at 9am. Then I have a day on the boat starting at 2pm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom