Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jocassee was only 10 feet bellow full pool this past Sunday. Temps were still a little cool, but not enough to keep away the Memorial Day weekend divers.
I hope the weather will be nice this weekend. I will be finishing the last of my deep, night and navigational certification dives, then only a few more until my official advanced cert.

Thanks for the update. Good luck on you advanced cert.

I made several dives from the diver's ramp on Sunday, May 31. The lake was down only about 5 feet from full-pond. The depth at the end of the diver's ramp was 21 feet, the first platform was 28 feet and the second platform was 39 feet.

According to my dive computer the surface temperature of the water was in the mid-70's, but it felt several degrees cooler than that. At my maximum depth of 52 feet, the minimum temperature I encountered was 65 degrees. Viz was only 8 - 10 feet.

How deep are the trees to the left of the diver's ramp (line throough the trees) with the current pool?

That sounds great the temps are coming up Two weeks ago it was only 55 degrees at 55 feet .I will be there in two weeks (13th) is ther iny increes of fish activity? .

thanks for the update RAINMAKER

KEN

We encountered the trees at around 85 feet four weeks ago.

Thanks Rainmaker for the update. It's about warm enough for the old man. Hoping to make it down this Sunday.

Anyone make it up there yesterday or today (6/6 or 6/7)?

Back
Top Bottom