Lake Jocassee ramp was open today;

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
depth @ deep wing was 105', temp 44 degrees (Yeeow), visibility was OK-ish in trees to the right of wing (facing east) and up to 50'. There was a stratum of pretty-good visibility (better without light on) around 90' in the trees. I was the only diver there.....on a go-see whim.

Yeah, I'd say Yeeow too with a temp of 144 degrees :D.

I don't know what you're talking about funny man..... Oh, and I "disliked" your "like."

OK I see you didn't edit it, but when I typed "reply with quote it had 144 degrees in the quote"? Go figure. Anyway thanks for the report. Did you see much fish life?

We have a leg being pulled here...! :wink:

OK I see you didn't edit it, but when I typed "reply with quote it had 144 degrees in the quote"? Go figure. Anyway thanks for the report. Did you see much fish life?

I'm not talking to you but, mmmmmm I didn't see one fish. It's as if the bass ate all the stocked trout fry and took a party bus to Bocca Raton. Clever bass.

Not that I'm responding to you, but yeah fish life at our local lake (Clarks Hill/ AKA Lake Thurmond) is usually minimal in the winter too. However, the past several weeks we have seen many small juvenile sunfish at depth (below 65' and down to 100'or so) just laying on the bottom - very inactive. Same with the catfish. Guess they are cold and saving energy too.

Okay, truce. The interesting things I did see were the newly-installed bathrooms, which I don't need or want. Maybe it's a good thing for some, or maybe, they just forgot to install the visible-from-space-flashing-neon-"Yahoos and RiffRaff-Welcome" sign on top of the new bathrooms. The ramp could become a crappy-depressing-strip-mall carnival in the summer, so I'm diving early and late.

Yeah. Let's hope it remains a "Divers Ramp". BTW Evad, cold, cold dive today at Lake Thurmond. 38F air temp with wind (don't want to know the wind chill :) ) Vis was poor, but there was a fair bit of small sunfish at depth. Water temp was rather chilly 45-50F. We only dove to 73' today (61 min dive) but we were diving wet.

Yeah. Let's hope it remains a "Divers Ramp".

"Yeah" is right. Last year I was approached by a guy doing a survey r.e. adding bathrooms, boat rentals, and food vendors. I told him it was a nice, discrete, self-policing park (didn't even have or need garbage cans), and said no to everything with the possible exception of bathrooms. He was very nice and talked to me for a while about who was requesting these "upgrades" and agreed that they should foot the bill. Then he gave me a stylish foam rubber motorboat key fob and thanked me. Anyone with a fob-less motorboat can have my stylish fob. It floats!

Back
Top Bottom