Lake Jocassee conditions yesterday @ the graveyard and wall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
50 degrees @ the graveyard @ 131' (computer) to 128' (timer) crappy visibility.

54 degrees @ the wall @ 109' to 106' really good visibility, maybe twenty to thirty ft.
Visibility @ the junk; crappy.

So the vis is starting to clear up on the wall? Very good :) Any thermocline yet?

So the vis is starting to clear up on the wall? Very good :) Any thermocline yet?

Yes. I don't know much about the lake, but last dive I was able to see pretty far down the wall and widen the beam on my light. I think there is a thermocline @ 80 to 90 ft. but, like I said, I don't realy know the lake and don't want to give wrong information to someone who might have a longer drive (I'm in Asheville). I will pay more attention today.

Ok, I found a slate in my bag so I will just write down the information and you can explain what it means. Thanks for giving me something to do besides trying to swim backwards.

Thanks, man! Good vis at depth (around 90ft) and a temperature change means the thermocline is back and deep diving season will start again soon :)

Evad,

Thanks for all the info on Jocassee! I was wondering if you know what the depth/Temp was at the Chinesse Junk boat? I see the vis was crappy. I hope it clears up soon!

Thanks,
Tony

Evad,

Thanks for all the info on Jocassee! I was wondering if you know what the depth/Temp was at the Chinesse Junk boat? I see the vis was crappy. I hope it clears up soon!

Thanks,
Tony

Sorry, but no re depth/temp. Now that I can find the wall, I cut straight to the chase. The lake is way up; 15 ' @ end of the ramp so I would guess mid to upper fifties for both depth/temp. Bill says the visibility may be due to all the rain. I was going to check in every day 'til tuesday but I got a damned ear infection.

Sorry about the ear infection! Hopefully that will get better soon. Thanks for the updates on the lake.

Tony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom