lake george diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tampico_ED:
Hi,

I will be doing two boat charters with Matt (518-488-0058). Saturday 1PM and Sunday 8:30 dive sites to be defined !

I'll post some pictures after I'm done. Hopefuly, I great good video.

p.s. All4scuba05 has quitted on me !!! something about gallina sickness !!!
I just stumbled upon this thread as I'm trying to plan a dive in Lake George for this summer. So I'm wondering if you did dive there and how you made out.

Apparently there are some impressive wrecks in Lake George, including an 8-sided wooden boat. Can't remember the name, although I do recall that a permit is required to dive that area.

A simple google for lake george diving turns up a whole research project with pics of the wreck and artifacts found plus several charters and dive ops in the area along with direct links to hotels with air shops and places to get the permits to dive the lake. I been planning on doing this for a few years now and basically cmaping on a island using my zodiac to go back and forth from dive sites and and the mainland for fills and food.

Are you diving the site right now? How is it...

I'm still planning to dive the site this year...maybe plans to do a little video with the Local Boat OP.

Ed

genxweb:
A simple google for lake george diving turns up a whole research project with pics of the wreck and artifacts found plus several charters and dive ops in the area along with direct links to hotels with air shops and places to get the permits to dive the lake. I been planning on doing this for a few years now and basically cmaping on a island using my zodiac to go back and forth from dive sites and and the mainland for fills and food.

There's some decent diving in the lake. Some wrecks and some fish. Lots of boat traffic in the summer. There's a couple of dive shops in the area, including Morin's, Capitalland Scuba, Diving Discovery, and Adirondack Scuba. Morin's is the closest (Glen's Falls ~ 30 min from the lake) and Adirondack Scuba is the most reasonably priced (Ballston Spa ~ 45 min away from the lake). I think Diving Discovery does charters on the Lake, and I know Capitalland does, Adirondack Scuba goes up there on any given weekend (they're a small, out-of-the-garage shop) for fun dives or classes, and I'm not real up on Morin's dive schedule.

If you want any info on the area, PM me, and I'll see what I can do for you.

Lake's a bit cold right now to do any diving, still slushy in some areas. That and it's not much warmer topside. Killed our try out the new drysuit seals dive for this weekend.

Tampico_ED:
Hi,

I will be doing two boat charters with Matt (518-488-0058). Saturday 1PM and Sunday 8:30 dive sites to be defined !

I'll post some pictures after I'm done. Hopefuly, I great good video.

p.s. All4scuba05 has quitted on me !!! something about gallina sickness !!!

To put you in the right mindset for Lake George Diving...

http://www.divingdiscovery.com/LakeGeorge.htm

at the bottom of the page click on the divelogs1....12 for more pictures....:D

http://www.morinsdivecenters.com/frame.htm is the LDS of choice.
During the season they are at the lake usually 4-5 days a week
always on Sat and Sun. Lots of great dive sites for most a boat would required.
If you have questions about the area diving just give Morin`s a call the staff is familiar with all the dive sites in the area and even some in VT and also Lake Champlain.

Back
Top Bottom