Lake Denton Open Or ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fldiver1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know for sure if Lake Denton is open or not? I was told it was closed in Nov. then told it was open a few weeks ago. Finally called the Highland county Sheriff today and a lady there told me you CAN NOT dive from the boat ramp anymore. You would have to take a boat and dive from that???? She said that was her understanding anyway. Does anyone know for sure??

My son did his first checkout dives there three weeks ago, it was open then. However, I also called the Highlands County SO, and was told that it was open.

A better number to call is the HC Parks and Recreations, you can get the number off their website.

Don't you just love how those who enforce the law are ignorant of it?

Crazy Fingers:
Don't you just love how those who enforce the law are ignorant of it?

I am not sure I understand what you mean here??? Meaning that the Sheriff's office doesnt know if open or not?? or ??

fldiver1:
I am not sure I understand what you mean here??? Meaning that the Sheriff's office doesnt know if open or not?? or ??

That's exactly what I mean. You call them up and ask them if it's open and they don't even know. Yet they'll be the same ones to come out there and write you citations for it...

You mean the lady behind the desk (who is probably a civilian) is going to come out and issue a ticket? It's really not her job to know anything about lake Denton or issuing tickets, and the SO is not really the place to call about it anyway. Parks and Recreation is the proper authority to call about things like this.

The only reason I called the SO before is that it was the Friday before the dive and nobody was in P&R. That, and I've worked with a couple of deputys there (and they, at least, knew their jobs).

Know what you're talking about before you criticize.

Crazy Fingers:
That's exactly what I mean. You call them up and ask them if it's open and they don't even know. Yet they'll be the same ones to come out there and write you citations for it...

Another location nearby is buck lake. There's even large platforms at 30' & 60', and a line run in a large circle with several "attractions"

Where is buck lake? What is it like as far as depth, vis., etc.?? I have never heard of that one before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom