• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Lake Denton Open Or ??

Discussion in 'Florida' started by fldiver1, Dec 27, 2006.

1. ReefGuy

ReefGuy Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    <edited to prevent faux paux>. I've gotten to around 65', but have heard rumors that it reaches 90' (I don't believe that it gets any deeper than 65', though).

Vis seems to stay between 30'-40', but it can silt up quite quickly.

2. tlawler

tlawler Solo Diver

# of Dives:
    Damn...cats out of the bag now.

LOL...

3. Walter

Walter Instructor, Scuba

What's wrong with giving the location?

4. fldiver1

fldiver1 Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    It's ok, I still don't know where it is!! Can someone let me know when you are going out there and maybe I can follow you???!!!! If you want, I can follow you blindfolded so as to not give up your secret location!! LOL

5. Crazy Fingers

Crazy Fingers Barracuda

Since the mods deleted my original reply to this, I'm unfortunately going to have to tone it down...

Who is going to write you a parking ticket? Who is going to write you a trespassing citation? Who are the PITA residents going to call when they decide they don't want you at "their" lake? It ALL revolves around the Sheriff's Office because they are the only ones with any authority to enforce anything.

And the Sheriff's Office needs to know if it is open or not... otherwise what are they going to do when they call up Parks & Rec and no one answers the phone? Just wing it? Flip a coin? Tell you it's closed when it's not just to be safe? I for one don't want law enforcement basing their decisions on guesswork and chance.

Someone in that county needs to figure out if that lake is open or not, because I am sick of the constant questioning. It's ridiculous.

Don't let your association with the police blind you.

6. Crazy Fingers

Crazy Fingers Barracuda

Since I'm never going to go back to those lakes again, I don't care if everyone and their mother goes. Here ya go:

27 36' 36.36" N, 81 30'44.69"W

Have fun.

7. fldiver1

fldiver1 Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Geez, who pee'd in his post toasties??? thanks for the coordinates. Why aren't you going back "ever again"? Just don't like em or don't like the hassle???

8. ReefGuy

ReefGuy Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Probably got a speeding ticket when it was the cops' fault.

9. tech108diver

tech108diver Solo Diver

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    They are asking the cords. for Buck lake not Lake Isis....and you have never dove lake Isis man.

10. Crazy Fingers

Crazy Fingers Barracuda

I thought you all were talking about Lake Isis, sorry. That's what the coords are for. I haven't been there but I assume it's pretty much the same as Lake Denton. Good vis for a lake, but not really a fun dive. Some looking on Google Earth should turn up this Buck Lake pretty easily.

As for why not to go back... there's no reason to. There's nothing to do. It's worth it to drive to a spring vs. driving to those lakes.