Lake Denton Open Or ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

<edited to prevent faux paux>. I've gotten to around 65', but have heard rumors that it reaches 90' (I don't believe that it gets any deeper than 65', though).

Vis seems to stay between 30'-40', but it can silt up quite quickly.

ReefGuy:
Somewhere West of Arcadia and South of Avon Park. I've gotten to around 65', but have heard rumors that it reaches 90' (I don't believe that it gets any deeper than 65', though).

Vis seems to stay between 30'-40', but it can silt up quite quickly.

Damn...cats out of the bag now.

LOL...

It's ok, I still don't know where it is!! Can someone let me know when you are going out there and maybe I can follow you???!!!! If you want, I can follow you blindfolded so as to not give up your secret location!! LOL

ReefGuy:
You mean the lady behind the desk (who is probably a civilian) is going to come out and issue a ticket? It's really not her job to know anything about lake Denton or issuing tickets, and the SO is not really the place to call about it anyway. Parks and Recreation is the proper authority to call about things like this.

The only reason I called the SO before is that it was the Friday before the dive and nobody was in P&R. That, and I've worked with a couple of deputys there (and they, at least, knew their jobs).

Know what you're talking about before you criticize.

Since the mods deleted my original reply to this, I'm unfortunately going to have to tone it down...

Who is going to write you a parking ticket? Who is going to write you a trespassing citation? Who are the PITA residents going to call when they decide they don't want you at "their" lake? It ALL revolves around the Sheriff's Office because they are the only ones with any authority to enforce anything.

And the Sheriff's Office needs to know if it is open or not... otherwise what are they going to do when they call up Parks & Rec and no one answers the phone? Just wing it? Flip a coin? Tell you it's closed when it's not just to be safe? I for one don't want law enforcement basing their decisions on guesswork and chance.

Someone in that county needs to figure out if that lake is open or not, because I am sick of the constant questioning. It's ridiculous.

Don't let your association with the police blind you.

fldiver1:
It's ok, I still don't know where it is!! Can someone let me know when you are going out there and maybe I can follow you???!!!! If you want, I can follow you blindfolded so as to not give up your secret location!! LOL

Since I'm never going to go back to those lakes again, I don't care if everyone and their mother goes. Here ya go:

27 36' 36.36" N, 81 30'44.69"W

Have fun.

Geez, who pee'd in his post toasties??? thanks for the coordinates. Why aren't you going back "ever again"? Just don't like em or don't like the hassle???

Probably got a speeding ticket when it was the cops' fault.

fldiver1:
Geez, who pee'd in his post toasties??? thanks for the coordinates. Why aren't you going back "ever again"? Just don't like em or don't like the hassle???

Crazy Fingers:
Since I'm never going to go back to those lakes again, I don't care if everyone and their mother goes. Here ya go:

27 36' 36.36" N, 81 30'44.69"W

Have fun.

They are asking the cords. for Buck lake not Lake Isis....and you have never dove lake Isis man.

fldiver1:

I thought you all were talking about Lake Isis, sorry. That's what the coords are for. I haven't been there but I assume it's pretty much the same as Lake Denton. Good vis for a lake, but not really a fun dive. Some looking on Google Earth should turn up this Buck Lake pretty easily.

As for why not to go back... there's no reason to. There's nothing to do. It's worth it to drive to a spring vs. driving to those lakes.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom