Lake Cleanup Event - Orlando Area - Calling all advanced divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! This sounds like a lot of fun! And so close to home too which is a plus. Fifteen minute drive to a dive in Orlando! I love it! Plus being able to help is also good too. I should be home from school by then. My last exam is the 29th of April so count me in!

Ok, so has an actual roster been developed yet? I know it's early, but if you start listing names now it gives time to determine how many you "should" have for each lake (how big are the lakes, how much time is available, etc..), and also how much and what support that may be needed. Also a roster now can help settle issues of "certs" and "experience." You can team people based on skill sets and experience if you wish. The idea of surface support (yak, small boat) is a good one, for safety as well as handling trash. A roster now also gives everyone a better handle as far as planning. Makes it easy to guilt people who back out at the last minute.

Ok, so has an actual roster been developed yet? I know it's early, but if you start listing names now it gives time to determine how many you "should" have for each lake (how big are the lakes, how much time is available, etc..), and also how much and what support that may be needed. Also a roster now can help settle issues of "certs" and "experience." You can team people based on skill sets and experience if you wish. The idea of surface support (yak, small boat) is a good one, for safety as well as handling trash. A roster now also gives everyone a better handle as far as planning. Makes it easy to guilt people who back out at the last minute.

I agree. Start a roster in the OP so we can get a real count. It makes good sense for the logistics to be organized. I'm in.

You guys are right, I will start working on a roster this weekend, this week has been nutty for me and I'm glad I found some time to get on the forums at least! I never expected such an enormous turnout so it'll take me a bit to compile it..and that's a good thing!! One of the companies who has volunteered to help in the event is Dayo Scuba. They will be offering free air fills the day of the event along with diving as well. They are also planning a BBQ at the Dayo Scuba shop after the event. More details to come on that as I coordinate with them but yes I will get started on the 1st draft of the roster.

Once I get the first draft semi finalized I will check with NETDOC to see if we can get a sticky forum going for confirmed event divers.

Please keep the idea's coming folks they are great!

oh yeah NETDOC has offered to put up a banner on scubaboard to help bring awareness of the event to SB viewers, graphic art is not my forte..would anyone we willing to create a banner for the event to put up on the site? PM if you are interested, I have some simple guidelines that need to be followed (size, content ect..), I can't pay you for the work, but I'll buy you a beer or something :)

I have gotten word from some local bass fishermen that the group that fishes lake Conway wednesday nights from 7-11pm would love to help out. lets get them involved.

Since this is a city event no alcohol allowed at the dive sites.

However anything that happens at say a scuba shop would be fair game as long as said scuba shop was ok with it :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom