Lahaina fire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like Lahaina divers is almost certianly a loss.

From the satellite photos I think the Lahaina location of Maui diving is also at a minimum extensively damaged if not also completely destroyed.

Aside from the donations to the Red Cross and salvation army, if any of the local dive shops happen to have kept product offsite (hats, shirts, etc) once they get their feet under them I’d absolutely buy some. It isn’t much, but looking to help any way I can.
I would not donate to Red Cross. They have a history of fundraising using current disasters, but not using the money for that.

Harmony and Dillon from Dive with Harmony have confirmed that they have lost their shop in the fire, and basically their business is gone. Of course theirs is just one of many stories like this coming out of the tragedy in Lahaina, but if you have a connection with them, as we do, please consider checking out this fundraiser for them. All of my kids have done training with them, and they really earn the positive reviews they've gotten from divers here and around the world.

They are there running shelters for the displaced
So that money must have come from (gasp) a previous disaster. Outrageous! /s

We dived with LD last week and were going to dive with them this week. The building is almost certainly gone as is a large part of the town and surrounding homes. It's like a war zone. FEMA and first responders and SAR from all over are on the ground.

We dived with LD last week and were going to dive with them this week. The building is almost certainly gone as is a large part of the town and surrounding homes. It's like a war zone. FEMA and first responders and SAR from all over are on the ground.

According to the LD Facebook they lost their building and both boats.

LD and MD both have links to a go fund me on their Facebook pages to assist the staff. I’m expecting other affected businesses have or will do similar very soon.

Back
Top Bottom