Laguna Dive 1/17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depth is from 40 to 60ft with points as high as 15 to 20. I am not sure how big it is. My buddies have gone around it with a 120.

There is not a whole lot between the two reefs, but it is not just sand. If you hit nothing but sand then you are going the wrong way.

Viz just depends on the minute like most of CA shore diving. But lately has been about 20ft. Life at the reef is not anything real different, just bigger. Look for big lobster and octos.

Thanks. I'll have to try to find it sometime.

See you all In the morning..... Shall be a fun time :)

Yeah see everyone in the morn. I did hear about the high surf advisories Thursday and have been watching. The good thing about Shaw's and Crescent is they're somewhat protected so my *guess* is the surf won't be so bad there, but as usual all that can be done is show up and see. Well at least Shaw's should be better protected from what I've heard.

Surfline is showing 3-4 ft predicted surf for South OC beaches, with the occasional 6 footer. Not too bad sounding to me, if it looks too bad when I get there in the morn I'll give ya a call Erika since I know you're coming from so far.

And no...

I do NOT know what I'm talking about but hey, it sounds good right lol
:)

See everyone in the morning.

Yeah see everyone in the morn. I did hear about the high surf advisories Thursday and have been watching. The good thing about Shaw's and Crescent is they're well protected so my *guess* is the surf won't be so bad there, but as usual all that can be done is show up and see.

Surfline is showing 3-4 ft predicted surf for South OC beaches, with the occasional 6 footer. Not too bad sounding to me, considering there is plenty of structure to block the swells coming out of the west, and remember these are south facing beaches so all the structure to the west should block some of the swell.

And no...

I do NOT know what I'm talking about but hey, it sounds good right lol
:)

See everyone in the morning

Lol Nick..... I was looking at the model and it said 1-2 ft swell in the morning and growing by the late after noon so i hope we dont hit it.....

Well we can see what crescent looks like, have Shaw's as a backup, with breakfast as a backup to both lol

The only predictions I truly trust are my own two eyes. I've seen enough times where the models look great and its surf city, also had great dives when it was supposed to be large surf. We'll see.

Again I'll give ya a call if it looks bad....
But I think I've fought through worse than 3-4 footers the first time I dove with you lol. And had great dives :)

Edit: lol, you had to quote me before I deleted some of my iffy guesswork :)
Thanks E. !!

Well we can see what crescent looks like, have Shaw's as a backup, with breakfast as a backup to both lol

The only predictions I truly trust are my own two eyes. I've seen enough times where the models look great and its surf city, also had great dives when it was supposed to be large surf. We'll see.

Again I'll give ya a call if it looks bad....
But I think I've fought through worse than 3-4 footers the first time I dove with you lol. And had great dives :)

Edit: lol, you had to quote me before I deleted some of my iffy guesswork :)
Thanks E. !!

Sounds good that you will give me a call but ill already be down there by then im leaving about 5:45 so i shall be there bout 7:30 :) So Ill show up no mater what..... gives me excuse to get out..... Just dont leave before i get there. I have to give you the laugh for the day right?

Hey guys(and you girls,too), I want to read about the dive today.I hope you all had a great day. I've been busy with some personal stuff and have'nt been on the board here for eight days or so.I also need to get back in the water, it's been two weeks of dryness! Hope to see and dive with you all soon. Jamie

It was nice seeing you all again. And nice meeting the new People Andrew and Jim. Thanks Jim for letting me use you 100. Did two nice dives today water temp was about 54 degrees. First dive was about 1h10m and second dive was about 45min. Got some photos but not to many because the strobe is out of commission right now. I finaly saw my first sheephead fight, got a photo but its nothing good. Hope you like. All the land photos my Mom took. Thanks Nick, Jim and Andrew for being good dive buddies.

Bad photo of sheephead Fighting
PICT01433.jpg

Anemone one of the better photos
PICT01662.jpg

Chestnut Cowry
PICT0181.jpg

An Octo eye
PICT02081.jpg

Urchin
PICT0212.jpg

Big Bull Sealion that was buzzing all of us
PICT0229.jpg

Some sort of fish ID would be nice. (Yes i dont know this one....)
PICT02332.jpg

Land photos

Nick
DSC04395.jpg

Me
DSC04393.jpg

Me, Nichole, Stephen, Nick, and Cody
DSC04392.jpg

All of us again
DSC04391.jpg

Andrew exiting from not having enough weight
DSC043902.jpg