Laguna Beach, June 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI ... The Southern hemisphere has been cranking out some ground swell lately. Laguna beaches have been closed to diving all weekend due to high surf and poor conditions. We're getting another reinforcing pulse of S swell energy starting to fill in today. The forecasts show the energy fading later in the week and nothing really behind it except some steep NW wind swell (too steep for Laguna). Some of the near shore models show that Friday is starting to look decent again for diving.

However, the NW winds responsible for the steep angled wind swell, also means that there is a strong possibility of Catalina eddy conditions starting mid week (actually looks like mild eddy condtions this morning). The eddy brings S winds and choppy surface conditions. Something to keep an eye on as the time gets closer.

Cutting through the ocean speak, does this mean I should or shouldn't pack my scuba gear tomorrow?

ddavies:
Cutting through the ocean speak, does this mean I should or shouldn't pack my scuba gear tomorrow?

LOL. Laguna beaches were still closed today. I would expect the same for the next day or two. The conditions should start improving later in the week. No one can predict the dive conditions this far out with absolute certainty, however, it's looking like Friday and/or Saturday may be diveable ... but perhaps not ideal. I would bring the gear and just calibrate your expectations accordingly.

ddavies:
I thought I had better start this back up today, since tomorrow I will be busy packing, etc. Anyone who is interested can PM me and I will send my cell phone number for easier coordination. I look forward to meeting some more SBs and diving in the ocean for a change.

Thanks,

Dan

Hey Dan, normally I could squeak in a Friday AM dive but unfortunately, my boss has informed me that I will have to work Friday. If there's any chance you could make it to Heisler Park in Laguna this Saturday there will be tons of SBers there and we will so totally give you the royal treatment!

John

I managed to get my family to change the B-day thing to later in the day. So I will be there Saturday for the Wringles thing. Look forward to meeting you all.

Dan

ddavies:
I managed to get my family to change the B-day thing to later in the day. So I will be there Saturday for the Wringles thing. Look forward to meeting you all.

Dan

Excellent! Looking forward to meeting you Dan. :D If you need a tank and weight there's a good dive shop a few blocks from Heisler Park.

John

It was great to meet you all at Wringles. I had a terrific time and I appreciated your warm welcome. I got to see things on my dives I had not seen before, (a ray and an octopus, etc. not many of these in Colorado lakes) Dave and Alberto, thanks for the dives!!

Wrinkles, Thanks for sharing your birthday celebration with me.

DDavies

ddavies:
It was great to meet you all at Wringles. I had a terrific time and I appreciated your warm welcome. I got to see things on my dives I had not seen before, (a ray and an octopus, etc. not many of these in Colorado lakes) Dave and Alberto, thanks for the dives!!

Wrinkles, Thanks for sharing your birthday celebration with me.

DDavies
Glad you had fun!

It was great meeting you and we'll all look forward to seeing you again the next time you roll out this way.

Christian

Back
Top Bottom