Lady of the lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thx @Jay Adams
One more if you don't mind. Is it kayak accessible or too far from the launch to paddle?

Unless my memory is failing me which it does sometimes, there is a train wreck in Winn also isn't there?
A couple train wrecks, one not far from meredith in 40- 60 fsw both the train car and the lady of the lake are accessible via kayak, where you launch from is relative to how accessible... the lady of the lake sits 100 yards out in front of the Gulford, NH. marine patrol it's a heavy boat traffic area up until labor day, be sure to be clearly marked. boaters are oblivious to what the flag means half the time smh.. the Train car in meredith is not far out from the shore line in front of a bunch of brown condos on the meredith side.

We were supposed to dive the wreck back in August but due to last minute work schedule changes it got pushed off once again. We are making plans for a day trip next year though

We were supposed to dive the wreck back in August but due to last minute work schedule changes it got pushed off once again. We are making plans for a day trip next year though
its a nice dive, you can hit a couple other wrecks in paugus bay on a second dive and see 3 in one day. Just be awarer these are high boater areas in the summer months. I too am a resue diver, love the avatar

Is the LOTL marked these days? When we dove it was hard to find because the marker was missing. The marker disappearing was apparently an ongoing issue, and there was some suggestion that it was the the marine patrol that kept removing it. (Finally finding the wreck was probably the most exciting part of the dive.)

Dove it a couple of summers ago with Dive Winnipausaukee, the boat captain had spent summers on the lake as a kid and had an incredible amount of local historical information.

Our dive was really pretty nice, lots of sun, half the boat visable at a time and covered in huge bait balls of curious fish, not exciting but a really relaxing dive. I agree that the boat traffic there is heavy and some aren't too bright. We had one guy drive between the boat with a dive flag up, and a bouy with a dive flag on it 20 feet away.

We also dove the remains of the Navy underwater laser test site, visability there was more like 40-50 feet and we ended the dive exploring an old sunken pier nearby.

Is the LOTL marked these days? When we dove it was hard to find because the marker was missing. The marker disappearing was apparently an ongoing issue, and there was some suggestion that it was the the marine patrol that kept removing it. (Finally finding the wreck was probably the most exciting part of the dive.)
No it is not marked.

Dove it a couple of summers ago with Dive Winnipausaukee, the boat captain had spent summers on the lake as a kid and had an incredible amount of local historical information.

On our dive was really pretty nice, lots of sun, half the boat visable at a time and covered in huge bait balls of curious fish, not exciting but a really relaxing dive. I agree that the boat traffic there is heavy and some aren't too bright. We had one guy drive between the boat with a dive flag up, and a bouy with a dive flag on it 20 feet away.

We also dove the remains of the Navy underwater laser test site, visability there was more like 40-50 feet and we ended the dive exploring an old sunken pier nearby.
thats a cool dive as I understand it. I have not dived it yet. Winnipesaukee is a funny lake, some sections are tea colored you can't see your hand, other sections are as you described. 40 foot vis.

Back
Top Bottom