Lady Died at Turtle Canyon Today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm not sure what happened, although I heard the sirens this afternoon.

Anybody know what happened?

HOHOLULU (AP) July, 26, 2007 -- A woman drowned while diving in waters off Oahu's East shore on Thursday.

Emergency crews were called to the boat docks behind Safeway in the Koko Marina Shopping Center in Hawaii Kai at about 10:30 a.m.

The 60-year-old woman was taken to the Straub Clinic and Hospital in critical condition, where she later died, an Emergency Medical Services spokesman said.

oh, thats where our boat is...

thanks, I did not know, I thought it was the other shopping center..

oh geez, we are not doing so well here

Yea, Safeway is not at Ko-ko marina.. You would think Hawaii reporter could get this straight. Safeway is by Hawaii Kai shopping center, my good friend Captain Joe...Breeze Dive Shop and other operators go out of there. Its about a mile from Ko-ko marina.

I guess that could have been the closest point for the ambulance though.

yes, I GUESS

he just told me "Turtles"

Turtle Canyon is by Nautilus Reef...? sorta ? townside?

I'm pretty sure it was Hawaii Kai though.

I think it is right below my house...I don't go there its shallow, like Ko-ko crater.
And its usually an afternoon dive. This says 10:30 but I heard all the commotion later than that, I thought..maybe not.

When I saw the title I was already thinking our wedding spot is never gonna be the same.....Turtle canyon is between the Sea Tiger and the YO (off of Fort DeRussy)

Roger just corrected me...I was thinking of Koko Crater. Over there it is called Turtle Canyon, the one over here is Turtle Canyons...how imaginative....:25:

Lisa, so that's not the same place where Roger took us?

Okay

I hear

Three mainland people--one is their own private Instructor...booked THRU IDH on Dan's little boat.

Not sure what happened, very sad.

I am editing my post because it comes across ...questionable.

The nurse in me describes people in ways that might be relevant and might not---sorry.

nope, different spot.

Where did we go after the Corsair? I remember it was a drift and we saw the HUGE leaf scorpion.

Dan's boat...man...what a way to start a business.... :(

justleesa:
nope, different spot.

Where did we go after the Corsair? I remember it was a drift and we saw the HUGE leaf scorpion.(
I'll have to check my log, I'm not at home. Nice froggie, I got a pic of him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom