Ladies, can you recommend a mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan@Vintage Double Hose

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
My significant other is having challenges finding a mask she is comfortable with. She has a small face and should most likely wear a kids size mask but she wont. Right now she has a large 3 window job with a purge that someone stuck her with. If they still made them I would like for her to try one of the old Dacor DM30's Small round mask with the purge in the front. It used to be a big hit with the ladies in years past. In lieu of finding one of those, what would you suggest that she try.

I have the same problem. After trying every mask at the LDS, I found that the SeaVision SeaShadow fit me the best. I picked it up of eBay for 1/3 of the price of every online source.

Vickie

I can totally relate to this... I've tried about 30 different masks (no kidding!) and am STILL trying to find one that doesn't leak on me! That "sniff test" thing works every time, but I still find water seeping into my mask on every dive... I think I was probably the most expert mask-clearer on my courses!! My instructor says I smile too much but I can't help it when they're blowing air rings (like smoke rings) underwater... Makes me laugh! (And they leak when I'm not smiling anyway!). Might try some of the suggestions in this topic...

I also hava a small face and like the Mares Seta. (non-purge) the best so far.

I too got an Oceanic Mini Shadow. It's a great mask, but now my husband has taken it over! He has a narrower head and wears a small hat size. The field of vision is awesome with the Mini Shadow.
Foo

Lemmie check out in the garage ... I used to have some 3-window frameless masks that fit narrow faces pretty well.

nope, all gone, just the regular ones left.
I can still get the "old style" oval jobbies if you really want one.
Want a new old one or an old old one? :wink:

Tusa Imprex Hiperdry - sits good on my wife's face and on my dauter's face.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom