Lack of O2 time causes stress

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobaltbabe

Diva of the Deep
Reaction score
This isn't a joke. Has anyone found that the more time they spend away from diving the more frustrated and depressed they get. I haven't hit the water since July 1, 03 and my level of stress has increased 10 fold. I plan on diving this weekend, but was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this. Thank you.

I get stressed out if I don't know when will be the next time I'll go diving. It's like I can't relax if I don't have the plans for my next adventure.

:mean:
Lisa

cobaltbabe once bubbled...
This isn't a joke. Has anyone found that the more time they spend away from diving the more frustrated and depressed they get. I haven't hit the water since July 1, 03 and my level of stress has increased 10 fold.

Sorry for butting in ladies but this applies to my wife as well as me.:wink:

Absolutely! I'm finding work to be increasingly difficult, as well as just dealing with everyday hassles. Me, my wife, and some friends are due to be in the Keys on Sept. 3 for 10 days of nothing but diving, eating, sleeping and of course more diving:D . I am hoping to get to the local pond at least once more before then, but that may be just wishful thinking:rolleyes: as I have a few little weighting issues I'd like to work out before our arrival in Florida.

I find any time I am away from my adrenaline sports for a while, I get very depressed, edgy, tense & restless. I've been down with knee injury since April, the extent of my summer activities has been an occaisional boat ride - no diving, no waverunning, no white water rafting, no fun.... Nothing to take the edge off & keep me calm & focused.

Can you tell it was a bad day? Luckily I am going diving on Saturday and Sunday so my attitude should improve big time.

Safe Diving all.

Ah...just you, the fishies, a good dive buddy, and the sites.

How could it get any more peaceful and relaxing than that?

Only other thing it can compare to is after you pull the cord of your parachute. I'm really not crazy! Drifting down to earth is also incredibly serene.

Gotta deal with the stress for another week and a half before I can get in the water. But the anticipation helps get you through the day.

Have fun this weekend, cobaltbabe - I'm jealous!

TotalAngel :angel:

It has been a long time. Life needs to slow down long enough for me to get wet. I haven't dove since July 1st of this year. I have the shakes almost.

I would love to try to sky dive but since I had children it scares the heck out of me. One of these days.

Nice meeting you totalangel

Not diving cause stress?!?!?! YOU BETCHA!!!!

Living in Missouri, I can only get fresh water "fixes" 3 our of 4 weekends, but if I don't make it to salt water every 3 or 4 months, things get real ugly!!! Even my students will let me know it's time to be dunked in salt water.

Did the sky diving--(sort of been there, done that, got the T-shirt)--the amount of time that is spent drifting IS serene--but give me 45 minutes underwater any time! Im sure things have changed sinced I jumped using modified T10 chutes--but diving is still much better--don't need the rush, just the peace!

:shades:

The peace. No cars, no kids, no noise. Thank goodness I am diving this weekend or I think I would be going nuts. Peace.

I do find that I get a bit edgy in the long surface intervals I have had this summer. It has rained so much here that local diving has been out. I refuse to dive in the mud, clogs up my regulator. LOL.

Seriously, I have not been diving since June, so I am really anxious to get wet. I will be first thing tommorrow am in the Bahamas. Thank goodness for a week of dive, eat and sleep. I am looking so forward to it. I leave home in another hour to head south. Will board the boat tonight and leave for Cay Sal.

I am outta here. Gonna go get my nitrogen fix!

Back
Top Bottom