La Paz winter diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdmaize

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, i am looking into vacationing in la paz 3rd week in march and have looked into diving. apparently a lot of the dive shops do not dive until april. does anyone know about the diving in la paz? good/bad dive shops?

thanks, merissa
maizy214@hotmail.com

Hmmm... I work for Lindblad Expeditions in that area during the Dec-Mar period. We've used The Cortez Club in La Paz. It can get stormy (windy) during that time, and we've been blown out of dive sites like Los Islotes and there were times the smaller Cortez Club boats couldn't cross the channel to the islands where we were diving. However, I've rarely missed a dive during my time down there since only the ship's paying passengers are affected if the Cortez Club can't get there.

Dr. Bill

how bad are the weather and conditions toward the end of march? sounds like it is worth trying to get some dives in.

merissa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom