La Jolla conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Missy, Do you know how much it is to rent tanks aroud there? It is $3 a day here. and Or would I be better off just buying some new ones and leaving them at my parents house. Tell I get out of the Air Force in about a year. My other question is what type of wetsuit should I get 7/5, 7mm or 7mm john. Or should I just start saving for a Dry suit

Thanks

DTB1981:
Thanks Missy, Do you know how much it is to rent tanks aroud there? It is $3 a day here. and Or would I be better off just buying some new ones and leaving them at my parents house. Tell I get out of the Air Force in about a year. My other question is what type of wetsuit should I get 7/5, 7mm or 7mm john. Or should I just start saving for a Dry suit

Thanks

If you plan to do a lot of diving, I'd suggest investing in your own tanks. You don't have to buy them brand new- most lds's sell used ones that are in great condition.
The suit you choose depends on what YOU like and what's comfortable for you. Some people prefer the 1 pc, some prefer the 2 pc, some prefer the drysuit.. Your best bet is trying out all three by renting them from a lds here and deciding for yourself what you like. That way you won't waste the $ buying a suit that you end up not liking!
:)

PM me for an almost new AL80........$80.00. If you are looking at diving wet, look at XCELL, the water gets cold here. 48 in the winter and mid 50'ties in the summer.

http://www.xcelwetsuits.com/05dive/home.html I have the "Titanium Pola Quad Density, and it works well. The second dive get a bit cold. If you have the money, I would get a Dry Suit.

Thanks for the offers but I have my own tanks I just live in Okinawa right now. I will be interested in geting some more when I get back to Oceanside I a year. I was just asking about rentals if I take a trip back before then. I dont know if I can get the time off. But then I cound just buy some when I get there. and they will be weighting when I come home.

Back
Top Bottom