Kudos to Wanna Dive Kona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I wanted to post and say thanks to the folks here. Based on recommednations here, I booked some time with Wanna Dive Kona. I got to spend two great days diving with Steve and Cathy.
Steve was good enough to run the boat out, even though the other parties canceled.

We hit Lava Dome, Skull Caves, and two other spots whose name escapes me.

In four dives, we say Barracuda, two male Whitleys, three Dragon Morays, spinner dolphins, as well as a host of other critters.

I finished out the trip with a few days diving with Jack's Diving Locker, doing the Manta Dive, and some regular day trips. Dave (a California part timer) was a great DM, and I was very impressed with the professionalism of their operation.

Thanks folks!

I did--thanks! If you don't mind, could you PM me w/ Cathy's email?

I'd like to send her a thank you note, if it's ok with you.

Hey, I know Dave from Jack's Diving Locker! He is quite....vociferous!! Did you have a good manta dive? The mantas have been on again/off again lately.

Hey, I know Dave from Jack's Diving Locker! He is quite....vociferous!! Did you have a good manta dive? The mantas have been on again/off again lately.

He certainly is! He knew all the California boats that are my usual dive ops, so I got to hear a bunch of socal-early-diving-how we used to do it stories. :D He was also nice and slow under the water, which I like.

We had two mantas show up, one medium size, and one smaller one. The light I had was brighter and more focused that most other peoples, and seemed to attract the plankton pretty well, judging by how often I was getting buzzed. The only downside was that due to the manta love, I also got a lot of bright lights from the Aggressor video crowd in my eyes. I actually liked watching two moray eels battle it out for a spot in the milkcrate as much as the mantas.

I did--thanks! If you don't mind, could you PM me w/ Cathy's email?

I'd like to send her a thank you note, if it's ok with you.

You've got a PM. I had to check with her before giving out the address.

Aloha,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom