Kudos to Rush Limbaugh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask - what exactly in the letter do you disagree with?

This thread is to give kudos for all the money he is raisng for the Marines and I will keep it that way instead of getting into endless debates/talking points.

$117,100 is raised so far, Great Job Rush!

Can I ask - what exactly in the letter do you disagree with?

disagree? why would I disagree with a bunch of polititions making total bafoons of themselves, it is classic that they made such a public record of it.

I dont know but with the mega support he is getting it seems like those 41 senators really made fools of themselves.

It's hard to tell whether the bids are support or that the bidders think that this is a collectible. It's not often that a letter comes up censuring a radio talk show host, signed by all those members, that's pretty rare. Even Don Imus didn't rate that. Twenty years from now it might double in value because of all those senate signatures.

DennisS:
It's not often that a letter comes up censuring a radio personality signed by all those members, that's pretty rare.
The letter doesn't censure Rush, it asks the owner of EIB Radio to make Rush apologize for something he didn't do. Media Matters, took what Rush said on the radio and put their spin to it.
Harry Reid took that spin to the senate floor, and asked for Rush to be censured based on the spin, not the truth. You can't censure a private citizen.

This thread is to give kudos for all the money he is raisng for the Marines and I will keep it that way instead of getting into endless debates/talking points.
$117,100 is raised so far, Great Job Rush!

That's cool, but my question was an attempt to understand what's going on here. If Harry Reid had referred to "phony soldiers", Fox News would have exploded with delight and faux outrage and Rush would have called for his hanging. Here, the senators sent a letter to Rush's employer asking them to "publically repudiate these comments that call into question their service and ask Mr. Limbaugh to apologize."

I honestly don't understand how anyone could disagree with that, but obviously a very vocal minority of Americans do. If anyone would like to explain it to me, feel free. If not, feel free to continue slapping Rush on the back - he's doing a heckuva job! :wink:

Rush's reference to phony soldiers was not to soldiers who actually have been to Iraq that disagree with the war, rather to soldiers who claim to have been to Iraq and witnessed American soldiers committing bogus war crimes (when in reality the soldier Rush was referring to that lied never made it to Iraq and was dismissed from service 41 days into Boot Camp).

Still at $117,100. Hopefully this will reach $200,000 or more!

Ok, I'll give it a try Trig,

Rush was talking about one soldier in particular, Macbeth. This guy was posing as an army ranger officer who had served in the Middle East. And during his service, he was saying he witnessed all the atrocities the American soldiers were carrying out. The fact is, he never served in the Middle East, and he washed out of boot camp after 40 days. He was later charged and convicted for his fraud. Rush called this man a phony soldier. So do you want to talk about some of the things Harry Reid has said, that is public record, no spin?
That's cool, but my question was an attempt to understand what's going on here. If Harry Reid had referred to "phony soldiers", Fox News would have exploded with delight and faux outrage and Rush would have called for his hanging. Here, the senators sent a letter to Rush's employer asking them to "publically repudiate these comments that call into question their service and ask Mr. Limbaugh to apologize."

I honestly don't understand how anyone could disagree with that, but obviously a very vocal minority of Americans do. If anyone would like to explain it to me, feel free. If not, feel free to continue slapping Rush on the back - he's doing a heckuva job! :wink:

Ok, I'll give it a try Trig,

Rush was talking about one soldier in particular,

CALLER 2: No, it's not, and what's really funny is, they never talk to real soldiers. They like to pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and talk to the media.
LIMBAUGH: The phony soldiers.

That's soldiers plural. The ones that talk to the media.

As this is the kudos thread,GOOD JOB RUSH

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom