Kudos to Pinnacle...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Camerone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just have to say "Kudos" to Pinnacle Aquatics this evening. I got home from work, and there was a package on my doorstep with a brand new set of Pinnacle Merino Evolution undies in them.

I bought a pair of these undies about a year ago, as they're the warmest undies out there, at least from any manufacturer that publishes a rating that can be compared ("clo" values, anyone?) I was headed to Antarctica, and I didn't want to get cold.

Anyway, after a year of diving, they hadn't held up well - the main zipper had separated, the pocket stitching was coming undone, and the stretch panels had started to pull away at the seam of the nylon/neoprene. They're still so warm that I sweat inside them in the chilly waters of Puget Sound and British Columbia, but the torn zipper, which I had jury rigged on my last dive trip, meant that it was kind of hard to route the p-valve plumbing -- which is about the only thing more uncomfortable than being cold.

In any case, the price was right when I bought these (considerably south of $300 new) to the point that after a year, I certainly couldn't be bothered to lose a wink sleep or even care if I had to just buy a new pair, but, seeing as we were at 11 months, I called up the factory to see if they'd warranty them, as they offer a 12 month warranty.

The factory guys were incredibly friendly, and apologized...apparently, their supplier about a year ago had tried to cut corners and used some cheaper material than spec'd. They've changed suppliers since, and started auditing them a little more. In any case, they gave me an RMA number, and I shipped the undies down to California with a small note explaining where the problems were with the suit.

I'd have been happy if their in house seamstresses had simply repaired them, but I came home from work tonight, exactly nine days later, and found a package on the door with a brand new replacement pair, plus a baseball cap with their logo on them.

Awesome.

These guys rock, and I'm totally with them when I wear this pair out :) I wish all the manufacturers were this good with service.

-C

Back
Top Bottom