Kubi attached to Slaggo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boarderguy

Chief Narctopus Wrangler
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have a buddy that's trying attach kubi rings to his Seaskin that has Slaggo rings on it. Has anyone managed to do this successfully? Step by step and/or pictures would be really helpful.

I have a buddy that's trying attach kubi rings to his Seaskin that has Slaggo rings on it. Has anyone managed to do this successfully? Step by step and/or pictures would be really helpful.

Maybe not the answer you/your friend is looking for but considering he has the Slaggo wrist cuff rings, my recommendation is that he should consider selling the Kubi rings and purchasing the Waterproof Ultima DGS Soft dryglove ring system.

The Ultima DGS Soft system is a "press together" ring system, similar to the way the Kubi ring system works, that is specifically designed to integrate with the Si-Tech Slaggo wrist rings.

-Z

@Zef I have kubi on my suit already. He's got the Oberon and isn't a fan and is trying the kubi. I'll pass on Ultima DGS option.

@Zef I have kubi on my suit already. He's got the Oberon and isn't a fan and is trying the kubi. I'll pass on Ultima DGS option.

The SI-Tech Oberon is the Slaggo cuff ring version of their original Glove Lock dry glove ring system for the older Si-Tech QCP wrist rings. The Oberon and the Virgo (for the QCS oval wrist rings) are a bit bulky which makes them uncomfortable to dive in (my wife ordered her drysuit with the Virgo version and currently has the regular Ultima DGS).

The Kubi rings are a good system, but I don't think there is a convenient way to mount them to the Slaggo cuff wrings.

-Z

@Boarderguy I really really like the Ultimas. I've never tried the soft version but they look interesting. I would give them a shot before trying anything else and before trying to mod the suit.

He can always search around for a place that will take returns.. maybe get them, try loading them, get in a quick dive and see. I think @stuartv just got a pair of these?

The Kubi rings can be attached directly to a glued in wrist seal. There is a Scuba Board Member who has succesfully attached and used a set of Kubi rings with DUI zip seal attached wrist seals.

Given the above, I suppose one could attach Kubi rings to the wrist seals attached to the Slaggo cuffs. It would be kind of a bodge but should work.

I recommend that your friend try installing a set of latex wrist seals on the Slaggo cuffs first as they may be more durable than silicone seals in this application, and the silicone may become damaged, especially if/when your friend needs to remove the Kubi rings from the seals.

The trick will be getting the Kubi rings as close as possible to the Slaggo cuff rings so the sleeve of the suits sits correctly on the forearm/wrist from a cofort and function standpoint.

Good luck to your friend, and respond back with any stories of success or failure of this, it would be good to know.

-Z

The Kubi rings can be attached directly to a glued in wrist seal. There is a Scuba Board Member who has succesfully attached and used a set of Kubi rings with DUI zip seal attached wrist seals.

Given the above, I suppose one could attach Kubi rings to the wrist seals attached to the Slaggo cuffs. It would be kind of a bodge but should work.

I recommend that your friend try installing a set of latex wrist seals on the Slaggo cuffs first as they may be more durable than silicone seals in this application, and the silicone may become damaged, especially if/when your friend needs to remove the Kubi rings from the seals.

The trick will be getting the Kubi rings as close as possible to the Slaggo cuff rings so the sleeve of the suits sits correctly on the forearm/wrist from a cofort and function standpoint.

Good luck to your friend, and respond back with any storries of success or failure of this, it would be good to know.

-Z
He is going to return the kubi and pick up a set of Ultimas and give that a go. I've recommended Kubi thinking he could attach to the wrist seals similar to @Marie13 and her DUI zip seals OR get his slaggo ripped out and perm install the Kubi. I love my setup since kubi glove side slips right on and I can add/remove the wrist seal at will.

He is going to return the kubi and pick up a set of Ultimas and give that a go. I've recommended Kubi thinking he could attach to the wrist seals similar to @Marie13 and her DUI zip seals OR get his slaggo ripped out and perm install the Kubi. I love my setup since kubi glove side slips right on and I can add/remove the wrist seal at will.
Make sure he gets the soft version?

I am the for mentioned "buddy". Thx to all for your advise. I just ordered the soft ultima and plan to return the kubi. I did a lot of research but never came across the dgs for slaggo. I thought my only options were the 3 si tech options for slaggo and I did not like the Oberon at all. It leaked and just felt cheap (even tho it was close to $300). The ultima looks like a good option so again thank you all!

I am the for mentioned "buddy". Thx to all for your advise. I just ordered the soft ultima and plan to return the kubi. I did a lot of research but never came across the dgs for slaggo. I thought my only options were the 3 si tech options for slaggo and I did not like the Oberon at all. It leaked and just felt cheap (even tho it was close to $300). The ultima looks like a good option so again thank you all!
I hope they work out. Please post back after a few dives with pros / cons. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom