KPP/KOMI Open Season Event 2007!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can see both sides of the doubles. The only thing that I don't care for is the weight to the water. I have put on and TRIED to lift Hoosier's HP tanks a couple years ago and couldn't do it. With the 77's I am good to go. I could probably lift the double 85's if the situation arised that I needed them.

So JP when are you planning another Mighty "O" dive? :D You know that 135' is a long ways down and doubles would give you more bottom time. :D

crpntr133:
So JP when are you planning another Mighty "O" dive? :D You know that 135' is a long ways down and doubles would give you more bottom time. :D

This summer sometime for sure but if you recall we were pushing NDL with singles anyhow. Ron hung a steel 120 on the line for an emergency so thats still a singles dive without doing deco. With my wife getting certified and all the training I've got planned already I won't be able to make the time commitment for deco this summer. Maybe by fall I'll start looking at doubles. :wink:

One suggestion.

We might set up a double trial event when we have next KOMI/KPP gathering.

It looks like we have all sized doubles. I can bring AL80s, 119S, and 130s. So, why don't we try all available doubles from other members? Many members including Min can get better idea which sets will be an ideal for their demands.

Bob, do you have any other sized double set?

hoosier:
One suggestion.

It looks like we have all sized doubles. I can bring AL80s, 119S, and 130s. So, why don't we try all available doubles from other members? Many members including Min can get better idea which sets will be an ideal for their demands.

Bob, do you have any other sized double set?
We have AL80's (both catalina and luxfer), PST104's, Worthington 130's, and Ken has Faber 108's.

I suppose if I needed to, I could double up a set of our AL40's (heard of someone tripling these once!)

Oh... and just to throw it out there... I have a single PST LP95 and a single massive LP120 that I could be talked into parting ways with if someone is looking for more gas in a single cylinder. Prior to going to doubles, these were my favorite diving cylinders.

hoosier:

That would be very cool!:D It was very helpful at the last gathering to look at all the different dry glove systems. Thanks to everyone who showed me their gloves!

Bob and WT ... you guys are just a bunch of showoffs! "Look at my doubles." "No, no ... come over here and look at my doubles."

I've been giving some serious thought to doubling up my HP100s. I think that might be about the only combination you guys don't have covered. I certainly won't have that done by then however. Need to build up some reserves first after my other recent Scuba purchases ... reserves of both money and "honey" points. :D

Divin'Hoosier:
Bob and WT ... you guys are just a bunch of showoffs! "Look at my doubles." "No, no ... come over here and look at my doubles."

I've been giving some serious thought to doubling up my HP100s. I think that might be about the only combination you guys don't have covered. I certainly won't have that done by then however. Need to build up some reserves first after my other recent Scuba purchases ... reserves of both money and "honey" points. :D
From the day I bought my 2nd set of doubles five years ago, my motives were purely altruistic. All my extra gear is for present and future buddies to use or try out!! :blinking: You can never have too many dive buddies, and one way to ensure a steady supply is to have plenty of extra dive gear! :D

I've never been selfish with my dive gear, so since I moved down to the Cincy area, I figured I need to find a new cadre of buddies... that makes you the beneficiaries of my gear redundancy!! :rofl:

Did anyone happen to pick the box that I seem to have left at BS?? Could have sworn that I put it in the truck but can't find it. It had a good skillet and all the untensil in it. Don't care about the untensils but I would like to have the pan.

wb416:
From the day I bought my 2nd set of doubles five years ago, my motives were purely altruistic. All my extra gear is for present and future buddies to use or try out!! :blinking: You can never have too many dive buddies, and one way to ensure a steady supply is to have plenty of extra dive gear! :D

I've never been selfish with my dive gear, so since I moved down to the Cincy area, I figured I need to find a new cadre of buddies... that makes you the beneficiaries of my gear redundancy!! :rofl:

Awesome thing is that WT is the same way. Now we have two generous divers in the area burdened with too much gear!

:monkeydan :monkeydan :bananalama: :monkeydan :monkeydan

Divin'Hoosier:
Awesome thing is that WT is the same way. Now we have two generous divers in the area burdened with too much gear!

:monkeydan :monkeydan :bananalama: :monkeydan :monkeydan

Hey now... wait just a darn tootin' minute.... NO ONE said anything about having TOO much dive gear.... BLASPHEMER!!! :no I don't have NEARLY enough yet!! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom