Kona Dive Report with Wanna Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riftvalley84

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We have just finished our trip to Kona where we (2 adults, 2 teens) did 14 dives with Wanna Dive. We choose Wanna Dive because they are a small operation (maximum 6 divers). We were completely satisfied with Steve from Wanna Dive and his crew. They are very laid back and let you have a really long bottom time - most of our dives were just over 60 minutes (the shortest was 55 minutes and the longest 76 minutes). Another thing we really liked was their knowledge of marine life as they were able to tell us the name of anything we did not know. One of the highlights was hearing the humpback whales singing on our 1st dive and then seeing them when we got back on the boat. Our kids really enjoyed the night dives (we did 3) and we saw two eels catching a fish, one eel who caught an octopus and at least 5 other octopuses. We also enjoyed the sandwich & drinks they provided between dives :)

I would definitely recommend Wanna Dive to anyone looking for a good dive operation on the big island. Thanks Steve, Bob & Cathy for making our trip to Kona so memorable! Scuba diving in Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii with Wanna Dive. Boat diving charters, classes, intro dives.

Attachments

• Divided Flatworm.jpg
    Divided Flatworm.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Manta Ray (3).jpg
    Manta Ray (3).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Scrambled Egg Nudibranc.jpg
    Scrambled Egg Nudibranc.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 57
  • Octopus.jpg
    Octopus.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 60
  • White Mouth Moray_3.jpg
    White Mouth Moray_3.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 60
Gonna be in Kona from April 11 through 25th. I will give them a call and see if we can work something out.

Thanks for the positive review. I had been to their web site and am considering them.

im coming down to Kona next Oct. the good thing about small shops is you're less likely to get the dive op trying to reschedule u to death so he can fill his boat. ill definitely consider these guys when im ready to make my reservation.

Hi: I've been diving with Wanna dive for quite a few years and plan to dive with them from April 10 through may 9. Great operation... Hope to see you on the boat

Gonna be in Kona from April 11 through 25th. I will give them a call and see if we can work something out.

Thanks for the positive review. I had been to their web site and am considering them.

Grover: If you're looking for a place to stay consider Kona Ocean Villa the vacation rental we have.

For diving I also highly recommend Wanna Dive. We've been diving with Steve for many years. He has a top notch operation and I have had my best dives ever with them. A standout was last Wednesday when we had a 50 minute dolphin encounter - amazing! You'll have as much bottom time as you can manage and will see a lot of stuff.

Hi: I've been diving with Wanna dive for quite a few years and plan to dive with them from April 10 through may 9. Great operation... Hope to see you on the boat

Hi Monty, we have space at Kona Ocean Villa if you're looking for a place to stay!

We have 2 weeks at a time share, Kona Coast II and have a car rental. We will be commuting to the dive boat every day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom