Kona Dive Report/ Dive Makai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Off Kona at night, there can be some heavy drama. When the first fishing island went operational there a long while back, they stuck a camera over the side to film stuff at night. One of the videos was a great white shark getting into it with a big marlin.
Sitting in 200' of water with no bottom solo at night always kinda creeped me out. I'm ok if I've been to the bottom and had a point of reference.
The estimable town in CT is Bristol. I lived on Stearns Street right after JFK got into office and Lisa was one block over on Woodland.

I heard that the permit that Dive Makai had to operate was turned back into the State agency that regulates that stuff. Any one know anything about that? Seems like the business is not worth much without it. Asuming it will be sold.

They are out of business. They are not selling the business, AFAIK. The license was one of the few tangible values left, and they gave it up.

Here is a moment of gratitude for the original Dive Makai, Tom, Lisa, Kendra, Amy, Alexa. What an incredible operation!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom