Kona - Big island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divergirlbermuda

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for some opinions on Kona Aquatic before booking a couple of am days in mid oct (recommended by aloha dive co as they were full). Anyone gone out with them before or if they have good/bad reputation? i am working on divemaster (so not a complete newbie) and will be going alone as hubby is not a diver.
Thanks in advance
Aloha from bermuda

If you had to pick an island to dive in Hawaii, which one would it be? I love the Big Island, but have only snorkeled there. I want to go diving in Hawaii next year for my birthday! Just curious what everyone would recommend. We've done 3--4 islands each time we've gone, but would prefer to stay on one or maybe two islands next year. My husband loves Maui. I might have to go back and do the mule ride again. I did it 10 years ago to get over my fear of heights! Didn't work, but I loved the mules, smiling!

You'll have a great time diving Kona.
We dove with Wanna-Dive. They have a new boat which is still only a six-pack (no crowds) and the DM Bob is awesome. Steve the owner operator is a great guy as well.
We live on Oahu, but this operation is our first pick for scuba in Kona. Check them out.
Here is a link to wanna dive: Wanna Dive Kona, scuba diving classes and boat diving tours in Hawaii

Hopefully steve won't mind the public service announcement

Let us know how your trip goes.

NH

If you had to pick an island to dive in Hawaii, which one would it be? ........
My husband loves Maui. I might have to go back and do the mule ride again. I did it 10 years ago to get over my fear of heights! Didn't work, but I loved the mules, smiling!
Was the mule ride on Maui, or on the nearby island of Molokai? If the ride was down to the leper colony, then it was on Molokai.

Personally I'm a big fan of Maui/Molokini/Lanai diving, but you will find many (perhaps a majority) that prefer the Big Island.

My wife and I just had this conversation. Kona or Kauai. We love the peacefulness of Kauai and diving Niihau is the best diving in all of Hawaii IMHO. However, for a week or twos worth of diving, without the island hoping, I’d return to Kona in a heartbeat. Manta’s, turtles, dolphins and a great variety of sites, Kona is the place. I have never been to Maui.

Back
Top Bottom