Komodo or Philippines in Dec?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YAY..........!!

I'm not there yet though, in Singapore until Sunday, then flying to JKT. I should be in Labuba Bajo in about a week from now. If you let me know the number of days you want to dive in Komodo and where (N or S) I can ask what package they can offer and let you know.
But for sure we'll hook up for a bir Bintang :cheers: Okay?

First and second rounds Bintang on me...I think I owe you at least that much.

I'm going to book my flight tomorrow. My plan is to arrive in Komodo on Dec 3rd. I'd prefer to focus on the North because thats where the bigger stuff is mostly found. I'd like to arrange a short LOB (3 or 4 days) to the South. I spoke with the guy from Dive Komodo and they do LOBs to the S when there are enough people.

Even though Bajo is more, it doesn't appear they charge extra for certain N sites. The others do. Plus, if there are lots of people at Bajo then it would be easier to get a group together for the S.

I'll send you an email in a week and get an on the ground update.

Thanks again and look forward to diving with you.

MG

Oki doki...

I think I mentioned that the Internet connection in LB sucks.. So don't be surprised if you don't get a reply to your mail!
You are also most welcome to SMS me, my Indonesian mobile is +62 813 99 727212.

See you there......:coffee:

Last edited:
Puerto Galera, Phils has a very lively party scene for post-dive fun. That's my 2 cents.

But, while talking about Komodo... just exactly, how dull is Labuan Bajo in the evening? From everything I hearing its amazing diving and amazing to see Rinca, but a very dull town. Is thar right? This is important for me as I'm sadly traveling with a non-diver (with no interest in learning).

We're trying to figure out if we should go back to Bali or try Flores. Any advice?

Mjgoodman: I think you'll be happy with Bajo, especially if you are out with the bigger boat for a few days. They have groups much smaller than Reefseekers and Noon is an excellent divemaster.

NYC: IMO Labuanbajo is very pretty from above, but very boring once you're there. You can "Ijak" and rent a motorbike and ride around the bumpy picturesque roads of Flores, but there just not a lot to do aside from fishing, diving, or photography. I'd go back to Bali for more entertainment ops.

Hope this helps.

I'm stoked!!! Can't wait. I'll give a report when I get back.

Pray for good weather.

Back
Top Bottom