Komodo Liveaboards. Suggestions please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like you have booked the Arenui and that is one of my favorites. We have a charter booked for August 2014 featuring UW photog Liz Rogers from Australia. Other ships I recommend, the MSY Seahorse, the MSV Amira, the Damai fleet, and Dewi Nusantara (mentioned).

You wore drysuits in Indonesia???

Yup. For a liveaboard trip, I would do it again. Doing 4 dives a day, my wife and I were extremely comfortable. By dive 3 and 4 of each day, some of the other divers were adding a 3mm wetsuit on top of their 5mm wetsuit. Nor did we ever overheat in the drysuit as we got dressed in the shade, did not have to walk anywhere and each dive site was just a short ride on the tender.

For a shore based tropical diving trip, I would not bring my drysuit.

Ironically, Worldwide Dive and Sail's large color brochure book has a few pictures of me and my wife in our drysuits.

South Komodo and the Alor area as well as Bali/Nusa Penida during the months of May-Oct can get down to less than 16C, the low 60s F. Drysuit is actually not a bad idea for those places! I have frozen to death in Crystal Bay before.. ! (I got better.. :) )

Glad you're coming onboard Matt! See you then ...

And just on the 'busy a year out' thing - yes pretty busy most of the time so ideal if you have time to plan ahead ... but 2 quick things;

1) we do happen to have space this summer if that fits (31 Aug departure for 11 nights; https://www.facebook.com/events/263530053717620/)
2) if you need any more info on Komodo in general, to help research, then we've put up some background info here; Dive Komodo in Style with the Arenui Boutique Liveaboard

... happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom