Komodo Liveaboards. Suggestions please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matt215

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking to take a liveaboard trip to Komodo. I'm doing research on boats and wanted to get some input. So far it looks like the Arenui is a pretty good boat and seven seas looks ok too. For those of you who have done liveaboards in Komodo, what can you tell me about the other boats in that area...

I have been satisfied with the Moana. It is a good middle range boat- not at all back packer- not luxury.

How about the Seven Seas or Dancer. These both have space available at a good time for me. Any thoughts on these?

There are lots and lots of nice boats. Seven Seas is nice. Indo Siren is nice. Seahorse is nice, Ondina is nice, Mermaid is nice, Black Manta is nice. It's hard to give advice with such a vague question, though.

Based on the initial question, I was guessing that he was specifically looking for a wooden boat, a single long trip and leaving from Bali. That's why I didn't show my super obvious bias for the Black Manta. :D

Could be, Mike, but there are so many more phinisi-style boats that often it's just a matter of the steel boats being overlooked. No harm mentioning it, right? :)
(And I don't have any particular bias.)

Our first trip to Indonesia was on the Komodo Dancer. It is an older boat by now but we LOVED our trip on that boat! We have been on the Paradise Dancer( now Dewi Nusantara) 2x and we are going back on her in a few months starting in Komodo. This is a FANTASTIC boat with fantastic everything..crew..rooms..cruise director..food! Check it out and have fun!

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/in...gs-thrill-seekers-komodo-lob-trip-report.html

I've done Komodo Dancer twice 09 & 10. Main Komodo itinerary & Alor (East of Flores) itinerary. Very impressed both times. Link above is to my trip report. Vessel has changed ownership recently. No idea how that will have changed things.

Am trying out Indo Siren in a few weeks time. will post a report when i return.

You mentioned Arenui. It looks fantastic but books up 1 year + in advance. I'm not organised to do that.

john

Back
Top Bottom