Komodo Liveaboards. Suggestions please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i love the boats of 7 seas and pindito. both crew are professional and know the dive spot like they are born there. i now these boats are not the cheapest, but youfor what you paid for, unbelievabke experiences.

I"ve been on the Arenui for the Komodo trip and the Seven Seas for Raja Ampat. The Seven Seas is nice and good crew. The Arenui is a notch above in about every category in my book. The Cruise Director on the Arenui really made a difference for us in terms of interaction with the guests regarding what each one was looking for from the LOB in general and the diving specifically.

What are you looking for in terms of your Komodo LOB experience?

I want a top notch crew. I've been on liveaboards to cocoa with the Undersea Hunter Group several times, and they have set the bar high. I need good facilities for photo gear. I need a dive master that is safety conscious and helps me find the stuff I'm looking for.

Do you have a trip length in mind? Do you prefer a phinisi-type wooden boat or a steel-hulled boat or are you indifferent? Do you have budget constraints? When are you planning to go? Many boats do part of the year in Komodo and part in Raja Ampat, so knowing the time of year might make a difference. These are the sorts of questions you need to think about and decide on in order for us to be of any help to you.

I can also thoroughly recommend Dewi Nusantara (formerly Paradise Dancer). Take a look at their website for photos. The cabins are really amazing. Fabulous boat, great crew. The guides are great - maximum of 5 divers per group but most groups are less than this (4 guides on the boat for maximum 18 guests). Expensive but worth it if you can afford it.

I have also heard great things about Komodo Dancer as well but can't speak from personal experience.

Have a lovely time.

Ok, so I've booked a spot on the Arenui for late August. Bought my plane ticket yesterday. Thanks for your help!!

+another for Worldwide Dive & Sail. Exemplary service and a floating hotel to go with it.

Contrary to a pair of SanDiegon's fears, DIR dry suits are not strictly required, are they Mr Ramsy? You looked great simply in swimwear.

Right.... Mr. Gubbins. :) As I found out in Indonesia, drysuits are indeed optional in tropical water. The Mrs. and I just got back from diving the Great Barrier Reef. And, this time, we left the drysuits at home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom