Komodo - Diving in The Dragon's Den

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW! Amazing pics! Thank you so much for sharing !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great shots Gee!! I want to go back there now. I'm already devising a little plan for raja. Now 10+ manta's, i reckon that on that 2nd dive there were 30+ across the site. they were everywhere. And what about the one, that gave me the eye, from about 30cm away, and then tried to hug me. oh what a trip - thanks for posting the pics!

For anyone curious about the Indo Siren - Its a fantastic boat and crew!! And so well organised, just how i like it.

Thanks for the compliments guys, :cool2:

Im real happy with the new camera, even though its much bigger and heavier than the last compact and I have to change ports all the time…

Luko wow you are SPOT ON, it was Tatawa Besar indeed! Im very impressed. Yes we had about 40-50m at that site on the morning dive it was so clear like an aquarium. Also some coral spawning was happening which I have a shot of on my gallery. The lucky shell has never failed to deliver, in fact it was given to me by my my young one when I had 2 days without Molas last time I was in Lembongan. Over the next 2 days we saw 5!! Its stayed with me since and every trip its been with me, for good weather and spotting the rare critters. Unfortunately the shell is not for hire or sale..:biggrin: but you can always join me on my next trip to find out for yourselves, like MA did :D

Unfortunately the shell is not for hire or sale..
biggrin.gif
but you can always join me on my next trip to find out for yourselves, like MA did
04.gif
Ok, I will be in Tulamben from aug 20th leaving on 24th. Can you pls bring the shell with you? I really NEED it.
Last year, on the same dates I had a whale shark over me at the Liberty wreck but as I was too busy shooting pygmys at the time that I didn't even notice, I was told after we surfaced ... duh.

I just sent in my payment for a trip to Komodo on the Arenui in August of this year. Booked the flight too, so this was awesome to read!!

Ok, I will be in Tulamben from aug 20th leaving on 24th. Can you pls bring the shell with you? I really NEED it.
Last year, on the same dates I had a whale shark over me at the Liberty wreck but as I was too busy shooting pygmys at the time that I didn't even notice, I was told after we surfaced ... duh.
That is terrible!! My husband almost missed a Marlin swimming over us in 30ft of water and I thought that was bad....... You should find your own shell!!!!

Luko really that happened?? I reckon you were being toyed with.. anyone take photo evidence? Whats with you always booking Tulamben a month before me?? Ive planned a return for mid Sept. Change your dates and maybe get lucky? :D

Luko really that happened?? I reckon you were being toyed with..
That was my first thought, but afterwards (and even the day after) other lucky divers and DMs also told me they saw the whale shark over the Liberty at the same time I was diving. That WS was the buzz in town.

That is terrible!! My husband almost missed a Marlin swimming over us in 30ft of water and I thought that was bad....... You should find your own shell!!!!
Can't find one for sale/rent even on ebay... Not too bad though, they said it was a small one only 3m, almost a juvenile WS :D
On the other hand, I am getting pretty lucky for small things which are quite rare :wink:.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom