Koh Tao Dive Op for Experienced Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

macado

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I know this question has probably been asked a lot but can anyone recommend a dive op on Koh Tao that caters to smaller groups and/or more experienced divers?

I've heading to Thailand next week will be back at Koh Tao around August 26th for about a week. I would have loved to go to the Similans but I know the park is closed this time of year.

I know Koh Tao is something of an OW factory so I know it will be hard to avoid that. Last time I was there in 2006, I dove with Ban's because I was with a couple friends who were finishing their OW cert.

I have heard good things about Master Divers so I was thinking of going with them. Might try to get a few tech dives in if I have time.

I'll also be diving with my girlfriend who is less experienced but still a competent diver.

Hi there Macado !

Wherever you choose to dive please be aware that you are coming to Koh Tao at a very busy time. Make sure that you have both your ferry / travel and accommodation booked if you haven't already.

If you need some advice on this - let me know - happy to help !

Ayesha

Hi there Macado !

Wherever you choose to dive please be aware that you are coming to Koh Tao at a very busy time. Make sure that you have both your ferry / travel and accommodation booked if you haven't already.

If you need some advice on this - let me know - happy to help !

Ayesha

Hi Ayesha,
Thanks for the advice. I'm hoping to be able to book bus/ferry combination about 4-5 days in advance since I don't know when I'll be leaving for Koh Tao. Hopefully that is enough time. Going to take lomprayah bus/ferry combination. Not sure about accomodations yet.

Ok- be prepared to be a bit flexible with your travel .....and I wouldn't recommend arriving without accommodation booked... as I said - let me know if you want help.

Ok- be prepared to be a bit flexible with your travel .....and I wouldn't recommend arriving without accommodation booked... as I said - let me know if you want help.

Are reservations necessary for the end of September into October for ferries & accommodation ?

Dove with Master Dives, August 26-31st. Great staff and very organized shop. DMs were all top notch. One large boat (typical of Koh Tao I believe) but they split everyone by experience level into groups of max 4 people which I really liked.

I dove with my own gear but girlfriend rented gear and it seemed very well maintained and good quality

Almost all of our dives were over an hour with the exception of some of the deeper sites. Chumphon Pinnacles is definitely still one of my favorite dives on Koh Tao. Massive schools of chevron barracuda and lots to see. Visibility there was much better than other sites that we dove during the week. I also did a wreck penetration dive on the HTMS Sattakut, even though it's a relatively new wreck there is still a surprising amount of life on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom