Ko Lipe In October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I"m bumping this thread as my trip is now getting closer. I am still leaning towards a trip to Koh Lipe. I've been diving in Koh Lanta previously, and I want to try somewhere new. It's looking like I'll travel to the island on Monday and go back to Bangkok on a Friday. Does anyone else have recommendations as to accommodations or dive shops? As of now, Castaway seems to be a top contender for both diving and a place to stay.

Yes, October is coming up! (OP here ). :D
I will fly from BKK to HDY then do the van transfer to the boat transfer outbound on a Monday (yes, it can all be done in a day as long as you get an early start). We'll arrive on the island Monday afternoon. Two days of diving Tuesday & Wednesday, then offgassing and relaxing Thursday. Returning to BKK on Friday.

We're staying at Serendipity. Still shopping for a dive operator (and still looking for recommendations for that).

Maybe I'll see you there?

I hv dived in koh lipe on Oct 2015 and Mar 2016. I recommend to go to dive in half moon only. The current is so strong when black moon and full moon. The dive shop will not go some dive spot except half moon due to strong current. And visibility is the vest during half moon

I"m bumping this thread as my trip is now getting closer. I am still leaning towards a trip to Koh Lipe. I've been diving in Koh Lanta previously, and I want to try somewhere new. It's looking like I'll travel to the island on Monday and go back to Bangkok on a Friday. Does anyone else have recommendations as to accommodations or dive shops? As of now, Castaway seems to be a top contender for both diving and a place to stay.

I have dived with Castaway, Adang Sea and Satan Dive. My comment Santan dive is the best among three of them. Castaway’s dm fin too fast and we always has 20 meter distance. Adang sea dm dive with us when he get flu.

I know it was 2 years ago, but I plan to go to Koh Lipe in September and I am looking for recent feedback about the diving, hotels and activities on the island.

We cannot find much about Koh Lipe on the forum via the "search" function...

@jdmack79 : How was your trip there? Did you enjoy it? Which dive shop and resort did you choose?

In September I'd recommend to go to Phi Phi, Ao Nang or Phuket. More people, more trips. On Lipe it will be very quiet, which can of course be what you want, but there is a good chance you won't be able to do any diving.

As I go there with my wife (non diver) and my 10 month old daughter, something quiet and calm is just what we are looking for.
I'm curious about why you think I won't be able to dive? I read that it is the period with the very best visibility. Could you explain what you meant?
Any feedback from someone who went there recently, even better if it was around the same period.

As I go there with my wife (non diver) and my 10 month old daughter, something quiet and calm is just what we are looking for.
I'm curious about why you think I won't be able to dive? I read that it is the period with the very best visibility. Could you explain what you meant?
Any feedback from someone who went there recently, even better if it was around the same period.
There are no periods with good and bad visibility in the area, it is just a matter of pure luck, and trying to stay away from high tidal differences.

Many of the shops will be closed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom