Know anything about these trucks???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
I am trying to make my mind up between the Nissan Frontier and the Nissan Titan.

The Frontier with the 6 cyc has the same gas rating as the Titan with the 8 cyc.... a lousy 20 miles.

Anyone own a Titan or Frontier can talk first hand??

well let's start with the fact that one is a full size while the other is a mid size/compact.....now go from there

what is it about the trucks that you like... what do you need? i rode in a frontier today to a dive and we had four and fit comfortably.. and thats the midsize... so the question is what do you want out of a truck :)

Not first hand, but I used to go to a lot of 4x4 trips in the desert, the Nissan trucks usually were pretty good (in terms of grip and cost at the garage after the trip), it also depends what is your need.
Actually Nissan Patrol was considered one of the best (don't know if its available in the US).

For desert trips (a lot of terrain demanding 4x4 drive) I would prefer a Landrover, known to fall apart (we're talking $800 expense after each 2-3 days trip at your local garage - I had a friend that fried the turbo driving a lot of sandy roads) but the positive side is that with its shock absorbing system you woun't get "seasick"...

Then again, I'm not sure how many demanding trips you're planning in NC..

I'm working on the same decission, but I'm deciding between three: Titan, Frontier, and Toyota Tacoma. Crew cab.

I'd say get the smallest truck that comfortably carries all your stuff. My brother-in-law is a Nissan mechanic. No real problems with the Frontier. Titan had brake cooling problems when it first came out but these should be cured in '05 and newer. (There's a retrofit fix if you get an earlier one).

-Ben M.

I'm on my third, consecutive Nissan pickup; this one is almost broken in, with 310,000 miles. On all three combined, I've put over a million miles in Nissan trucks. My present one is a six-cyl, and it gets 25 mpg on the highway (with the tailgate down), 19 or 20 in the city. While I can't tell you first-hand about the Titan, I obviously believe very strongly in Nissans. I also like the extended cab, vs. crew cab.

Air...Wayne...thanks for the useful info.

I have checked out the Chevy's, Fords, Honda's, Toyota's....the whole deal and tried to compare prices with what you get. I find Toyota to be very overpriced but that is just my opinion.

I like the idea of the larger Titan...but cringe at the potential gas mileage considering the major ripoff at the pumps.

As far as cab size goes...I just want the model with the small...no second set of doors....cab size. Just room enough so that on trips I dont have to have my luggage in the back getting wet in the rain. I have had trucks before and if you put a camper top on it all you have then is a station wagon with no rear seats.

I am going up to Sanford and Raleigh to see what they have up there. Fayetteville is a military post town and the prices are ridiculous on vehicles here. Rip the troops kind of thing. Tough to really 'get a deal'.

Smile....I am familiar with that model and I think it is a derivitive of the Frontier...or vice versa.

I have two workmates and one owns a Frontier and the other a Titan. The Front owner is very happy and pulls about 22 miles a gallon. The Titan guy says he could care less about gas mileage and just likes the dang truck.

There are some pretty nice American made trucks out there, too.

Sea ya!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom