Knighthawk vs BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with jeckyll...this thread has little to no point. Its title is "Knighthawk vs BP/W" as if there would be a discussion of the merits of the two. But it has nothing to do with BP/W at all, since the OP has in fact made his decision. Maybe a nice title would have been "I'm buying a Knighthawk".

As it is, it's flamebait, inviting people to dispute whether a Knighthawk is really the best choice for comfort. The OP paints it as so clearly superior on that level as to not merit discussion. So as far as I can tell, the only point of the post is to smear the comfort of BP/Ws, which invites disagreement and flamewars, but doesn't matter at all because the OP has made his decision.

I will venture to guess that the OP hasn't tried on a BP/W, so is unqualified to smear the comfort of a BP/W. Sounds like parroting the Instructor to me. Something tells me if the shop he took the class were a Zeagle dealer rather than SP, he'd be in a Ranger now :wink:

FWIW, my BP/W is the most comfortable rig I have ever dove, including a ScubaPro Knighthawk. :D

Lol~~~~~

This was my first post. I am delighted by the enthusiasm if somewhat surprised by the intensity of the replies. For most of us, diving is recreation and the rest of life already has plenty of conflict. The ocean is big enough for backplates and bc’s.

boffo:
The ocean is big enough for backplates and bc’s.

Absolutely. So are you going to enlighten us as to your choice and the criteria that went into it and how you came to your decision?

I'm sure there are plenty of divers out there who have read about BP/W's and why people are using them and they love to hear your experience. The problem is, you haven't shared it.

It's not about which you chose, it's about how you go about making that choice (for instance, on tonights dive I was with 2 other divers, 1 had a BP/W, 1 had a BCD, both are good divers).

boffo:
This was my first post. I am delighted by the enthusiasm if somewhat surprised by the intensity of the replies. For most of us, diving is recreation and the rest of life already has plenty of conflict. The ocean is big enough for backplates and bc’s.

Welcome to scubaboard!!! Whatever happens, don't take this stuff personally. In the short time I've been here, I've been called stupid, been told that essentially my opinions are not welcome due to my newbieness, called mindless sheep/sheeple, told that I need to learn to read and been accused of spending more time on this forum sharing baseless opinions than diving.

Sadly, I probably deserved most of it.:05:

Welcome Boffo, You will enjoy your Knighthawk, its an excellent choice. You will notice the intensity of the opinions of some of our friends here. We learn to live with them and are sometimes one of them. You mentioned you are in Cali, fill out your profile so we know to invite you to local events.

jeckyll:
Absolutely. So are you going to enlighten us as to your choice and the criteria that went into it and how you came to your decision?

I found it to be comfy.

Final score: going with Dive Rite Transplate and the 30lb Oxy wing. I am grateful to MSilvia, to the fantastic staff at Hollywood Divers in LA, and to all of the other freaks on this board who contributed so generously to this thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom