knife with sheath to fit 2 inch webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i modified another sheath to extend the webbing slot (Dremel to lower limit of slot and kydex blank to fill the gap, ss allen head screws to secure). it gives me a rigid setup which is what i wanted. we'll see how much it pokes me in the side--i am not as slim as i once was!

Switching to a backplate from a jacket BCD and having a heck of a time finding a knife with a sheath that will slide over 2 inch webbing. (on the belt mount) any suggestions?
I wear a Gerber "River Shorty" knife on the waist strap of my harness when I am wearing a BP/W. The "Shorty" has a plastic sheath that snaps on (clicks on) over the 2" harness webbing. It doesn't have a line cutter, though. Nor does it have a shank that can separate from its plastic handle. I have owned this knife since ~1998.

The "Shorty" replaced my Wenoka "Blackie Collins" stilletto, as my back-up knife. The "Collins" is a little bit larger, and is pointed, though it has a line cutter, and a plastic sheath that 2" webbing can thread through, and its 400-series SS blade will separate from its handle for more thorough cleaning. Not a bad knife, IMHO. I still have it. I wear this spring-button knife sometimes on my calf or forearm when snorkeling.

I also wear my older Wenoka knife (my first dive knife; I forget the model name) on the inside of my calf when I am wearing a BP/W, or attached to my Scubapro SSJ. I've owned this knife since ~1987. This, too, is a spring-button knive. Its sheath allows 2" webbing to thread through it, but this knife is a bit large to be worn on a harness waist strap, IMHO. An excellent dive knife (for me).

rx7diver

I replaced the knife with one of these.

Recently I've been looking for a knife that ticks all the boxes - blunt tip, proper sheath for 2 inch webbing and not too expensive - and found this:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom