knife with sheath to fit 2 inch webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott Lemmon

HumboldtChaplain
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Switching to a backplate from a jacket BCD and having a heck of a time finding a knife with a sheath that will slide over 2 inch webbing. (on the belt mount) any suggestions?

Were you planning on having it sit on your belt point down or in parallel to the belt? The latter is better to avoid accidental cuts if you have a belly. Have you considered point up on your shoulder strap? Zip ties can make anything 2" web worthy.

i have a blunt end knife that was an extra i wanted to use, vertically on the belt. but the shoulder strap might work. thank you! (and yes, my belly is getting smaller, but it is still a bit "rounder" than the rest of me!)

Trilobite, scubapro makes one, halycon makes two. Those are ones I know designed to fit the webbing. I'm sure there are others that will fit as well. I think the aqualung ones have a portion of the sheath that the webbing will slide through but not 100 percent sure

Zeagle makes a cutter with a sheath that clips on the webbing. I don't quite trust the clip so I loop a rubber band (inner tube section) diagonally over the sheath.

sheath is starting to sound dirty.

I use a Scubapro Mako knife in a Halcyon sheath:

https://halcyon.net/replacement-sheath,422,en

I like that sheath because it has velcro straps to secure the knife. A similar sheath from DGX does not have velcro straps, so I would worry about my knife falling out. Of course many other knives will fit in that sheath, I just happen to like the Mako.

I also have a Halcyon multi-tool with sheath that I will sell you, if interested: Halcyon Dive Systems

Attachments

• sheath.jpg
    sheath.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 59
I use a Scubapro Mako knife in a Halcyon sheath:

https://halcyon.net/replacement-sheath,422,en

I like that sheath because it has velcro straps to secure the knife. A similar sheath from DGX does not have velcro straps, so I would worry about my knife falling out. Of course many other knives will fit in that sheath, I just happen to like the Mako.

I also have a Halcyon multi-tool with sheath that I will sell you, if interested: Halcyon Dive Systems
thank you. i found a solution.

Back
Top Bottom