Knife location?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where: right BC shoulder strap, can be reached with either hand.
What: Gerber river guide cutting tool
Why: this is the best entanglement tool I have found, has blunt tip, serrated back and large line hook. It is made for use in the water and the sheath can be mounted upside down without losing the tool.
Extra: I will carry shears in a pocket if wreck diving.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
What location do you use for your knife and why?
I carry blunt-nosed 'cutting tool' on inner calf left leg so it is out of the way and can be reached by right hand most easily.

What location do you eschew and why?
I no longer carry blunt-nosed 'cutting tool' on inner thigh left leg since it 'eschewed' my crotch! :wacko:

I use a mid size blunt knife with line cutter on my left bc shoulder strap facing down and a fold out with line cutter in my cumberbund pouch. This was I can access a knife with either hand. Wreck diving in florida has its perils. mainly invisible fishing line that can entangle so having one accessible by either hand is a good thing. On the calf is a long ways away if your upper body is entangled and it is a tangle hazard down there anyways.

John

bottom_sucker once bubbled...

I no longer carry blunt-nosed 'cutting tool' on inner thigh left leg since it 'eschewed' my crotch! :wacko:

How did that happen, or don't I want to know?????

I shudder thinking about it. Yikes!

I keep a 4" fixed blad on my inner calf.
Because I've always had one there and it works for me.

I have a 3" Cutting tool on my waist.
Because I like to have back up.

And I have a pair of EMT shears in my thigh pocket.
Because I need them once and didn't have them.

................................................nothing happened. I just like to be able to reuse Uncle Pug's "eschew" in a sideways manner.
:) :)

JHAM once bubbled...

How did that happen, or don't I want to know?????

I shudder thinking about it. Yikes!
:

docmartin once bubbled...
i got a pair of scissors in a sheath attached to the webbing of my harness between the left waist d-ring and the crotch strap.

I guess I eschew attaching knives & scissors near my crotch. It's just this weird phobia I have.

I know this is an ancient thread, but I'm fairly new here, and reading throught these posts I've seen a lot of people put a knife on the left shoulder strap or directly on their inflator hose. Seems like a bad idea to me. I'd hate to cut a hose sheathing my knife in low-vis.

I have one on my left thigh (inside) and one on my right shoulder strap. Plan to add shears.

3dent:
I know this is an ancient thread, but I'm fairly new here, and reading throught these posts I've seen a lot of people put a knife on the left shoulder strap or directly on their inflator hose. Seems like a bad idea to me. I'd hate to cut a hose sheathing my knife in low-vis.

I have one on my left thigh (inside) and one on my right shoulder strap. Plan to add shears.

Don't worry about it; I actually applaud your efforts to do a search rather than just throw out a new thread on repeated subjects.. :yelclap:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom