Knees + Ankles Hurt with Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's what I dove on Saturday! Awesome dive! Saw Flying Gurnards and Batfishes.

I am only 21, but I do have any injury in one of my ankles. I've done maybe 10-15 dives in these fins and a similar number of dives in the Apollo biofins.

I will have to try using the flutter kick more Akimbo.

Next time you go to BHB then, let me know ahead of time, and you can try the Force Fins....use dan@sfdj.com to make sure I don't miss seeing your SB post :)

I used Jets for years and then switched to a lighter fin. I've been diving lighter fins for about 6 years now. A couple of months ago I had a student with heavy Jet type fins. They may have been Jets or F1s, I can't remember, but the point is they were heavy. He was having trim issues due to the fins so we swapped fins and it fixed his trim. After 6 years of diving light weight fins the Jets felt like bricks on my feet! While my knees and ankles (which are all bad) didn't hurt any more than usual, the fins didn't feel all that great either. Try frog kicking with some lighter weight fins and see how your ankles and knees feel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom