Kiters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would be interesting to see kite surfing vs scuba annual attendance numbers.
The kite surfers are only on our side of the island because wind surfers can't stand them. That should tell you something.

The kite surfers are only on our side of the island because wind surfers can't stand them. That should tell you something.
I was wondering about that. If I wanted to learn kite boarding (I'm too old to take up new impact sports) I would much rather do it at Lac Bay. Are there rules prohibiting kite surfers at Lac Bay?

I was wondering about that. If I wanted to learn kite boarding (I'm too old to take up new impact sports) I would much rather do it at Lac Bay. Are there rules prohibiting kite surfers at Lac Bay?
Dont know about rules - but in the times I have been to Lac Bay that would be a terrible place to learn that sport based on the amount of wind surfing people there that are learning. Somebody learning to kite board could really mow some folks down.

FWIW, my daughter and wife learned to windsurf there and loved it. When I am in Bonaire I really only dive so I drank at a cool bar.

I have done it in the past, but not really a fan of either sport over wakeboarding/wakesurfing behind our boat at the lake

It's never really bothered me....I just focus on surfacing in much shallower locations and ensuring my nav is dialed so that I wind up where I need to be.

FWIW, my daughter and wife learned to windsurf there and loved it. When I am in Bonaire I really only dive so I drank at a cool bar.

Out of curiosity, how big a hit in the pocket was it? I've been meaning to maybe go get a lesson on the no-diving day: I can (could: it's been a while) stand up and sail straight but I never learned how to turn.

Out of curiosity, how big a hit in the pocket was it? I've been meaning to maybe go get a lesson on the no-diving day: I can (could: it's been a while) stand up and sail straight but I never learned how to turn.
it was like 50-100 bucks - cant remember if that was both or one. It was a group not individual training. There are several groups there - Jibe-City?

Looking for an update on this issue, but not finding anything on google searches. Anyone have any new info?

Thanks,
Erik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom