Kissimmee Dive Center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DixieDolphin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Okay, so I'm here send some sunshine to Kissimmee Dive Center on 192. They really impressed me this week and I gotta give kudos.

I don't usually drive down there, because it's an insanely long drive from my house (well over an hour, potentially two if traffic is bad), but it's the closest dive shop to my office (only about a half hour away from there). However, this year I decided to take my gear to them to be serviced... mostly because it was close to work and I could drop it off on my lunch hour.

So, I took my reg and tanks down to them on Monday.

Well, they did fantastic work! Everything was done and ready to be picked up the very next day. They took the time to hook my reg up to a tank so I could test it in the store & give me all the details on the adjustments they made. They even managed to get the scattered green specks of corrosion off of the chrome on my MK5 (it'd been there for twenty years, I imagine!). Awesome customer service and the prices were great, too.

I gotta say, it was a huge contrast to the last year's reg service... where a dive shop (which I won't name) had my reg hostage for over a month during the middle of summer, after telling me it would only be about a week to service and were vague about why it was taking so long on the phone afterwards. I was furious! If they couldn't service my 30+ year old ScubaPro reg, why didn't they tell me that up front.. rather than make me wait a whole month without it! And when I finally did get it back, they just shoved it at me and gave me the bill. No offer to check it out in-store before leaving or anything. I wasn't pleased.

So, compared to that debacle, this experience was utterly wonderful. I just wish they were closer, because it's utterly impractical for me to make that drive very often.

Anyway, just wanted to share a glowingly positive experience from an Orlando area dive shop. You may now return to your regularly scheduled forum programming. :wink:

I hope to get over from Scotland in April and get a dive with them, hopefully I can make it over, I spoke to them when I was over December and they seemed very helpful indeed.

Should make a welcome change from diving here where the water temp was 4 dec Celcius (39 F) the last dive and the air temp sitting at zero (32 F).

Thanks for the report Dixie.... sounds like they are worth the drive. I'll have to check them out.

ken

Dixie-- One of my favorite stories is from Kissimmee (Ka-Sim-Mee not Kiss-uh-mee) Pro Dive Center.

Is Gary still the Op there?--- Back around 2000 or so I decided to find a shop where my then wife could get her OW cert. I wanted her to get quality training she could bet her life on. I had not been around a scuba shop in about ten years. I was sadly disappointed at what I was seeing.

Tourist town offering tourist classes. Everything was hyped as Quick, Easy, and Cheap.

To save myself time and gas I dialed up shops and pretended to be an impatient fool and asked for the quickie scuba class and stated I really did not want to learn anything I just wanted the card so I could dive on the vacation cruise and impress my friends.

MOST of the shops I called offered a ONE weekend class and Boom there ya go.

Ron Menke (crusty old salt owner back then) LITERALLY cussed me out and slammed the phone in my ear! I thought This is the place. Sure enough I went to the store and was very impressed.

They do not sell certifications at KPDC you pay for the class and earn the card or keep coming to future classes until you either get it or give up.

I'd reccomend the shop with complete confidence.--

Gary, an older guy with a British accent? If that's him, then yep.. he's there! That's the guy who did the work on my gear and was very good about all of it.

The place is run by a guy named Jerry now. Nice guy, very helpful. Kinda has an old surfer-dude look to him.

Anyway, I just had to post and share the love, especially since I've had some VERY negative experiences with dive shops in Orlando. (At least two shops in this town have treated me like crap from the moment I stepped in their door; I have suspicions that it was because I'm a younger female.) So, it was very refreshing to have a GOOD experience at one! :D

the old guy with the british accent is Cj he is a reg tech,instructor,and just a awsome guy all the way around,he goes out of his way to help poeple.it's not just a job with him it is a passion,I am loyal to this dive shop and I drive all the way from orlando sometimes two to three times a week for classes. you guys should come check out dive club night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom