Kinta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Kinta closed down during the COVID-19 pandemic; did it ever reopen? We have been going to Kondessa (its sister restaurant) on our last few trips but I haven't heard anything about Kinta.

Don't quote me on this since I'm not 100% sure, but I have a vague recollection from my last trip that I was told by someone in the know that it's not going to reopen. That was 7 or 8 months ago though so the memory is not fresh. But that might be why it's hard to find any info.

Kinta closed down during the COVID-19 pandemic; did it ever reopen? We have been going to Kondessa (its sister restaurant) on our last few trips but I haven't heard anything about Kinta.
Closed

It is my understanding that the owner, Kris, now lives and has a restaurant in Denver.

It is my understanding that the owner, Kris, now lives and has a restaurant in Denver.
We eat at Kondessa on every trip. Their food is very good except that they put kernels of corn in their flan. That's just wrong! :D

Kinta is indeed closed for good. Additionally, La Classica, one of the Grupo Mareo restaurants, is for sale as-is for $95k. They are selling it for seed money for something else.

Yes, Kris Wallenta lives in Denver full time now, but does visit the island frequently. He has a Mexican restaurant called Dos Santos that I hear is quite yummy!

I believe the big tree in Kinta fell in a storm and that was the end of it. I think Kris has an interest with his brother in Kondesa I think.
Yes, I have always heard that Kinta and Kontessa were connected. The banyan tree in Kondessa is very impressive and their food is excellent, but I liked the menu in Kinta a little better. I am sorry but not that surprised to hear that it is gone for good. Several of my old favorite Cozumel eateries are no mas.

Kinta
Santiago
Capi Navegante
La Veranda
Sonora Grill
La Morena
Acuario

Yes, I have always heard that Kinta and Kontessa were connected. The banyan tree in Kondessa is very impressive and their food is excellent, but I liked the menu in Kinta a little better. I am sorry but not that surprised to hear that it is gone for good. Several of my old favorite Cozumel eateries are no mas.

Kinta
Santiago
Capi Navegante
La Veranda
Sonora Grill
La Morena
Acuario
At one time they BOTH had nice trees! :oops:

I did like Sonora too. I think its still sitting empty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom