Kingshorn from shore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silverback

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm wondering where one could pick up the line to the Kingshorn from shore... I'm guessing that entry is at the boat ramp and I know thers's a line going up stream, but where is the line that heads out to the wreck.

Thanks in advance

Silverback

:mdance:

Yo

Its a far way out from shore when kicking. I'd DPV it so you don't have to turn back just as you reach it.

Amobeus

There are a couple of lines...The one from the Dive Shop has a large gap of line missing about half way out. The best line is off the boat ramp...straight in and over the ledge and its tied off a long pole at about 30ft. The line is well laid and is pegged at regular intervals. When you come to the end of the line, the bow of the wreck is about 25ft to your left (east).

I have done this dive 3 or 4 times in the last month and agree with Vlada, its getting too cold for this dive now...... I dove there last Sat and we opted not to do the wreck to due Temp... Our previous dives out to the wreck had run times of 80 - 90 min the Deco's were getting cold. On Sat we just hung around the wall and got 60min bubble time... Finger tips were getting numb in dry gloves. We were glad we had decided not to do the wreck and were glad that we had no deco to do.

If we do decide to do this dive again this winter it will likely just be a swim out and do a once around the wreck and then straight back to shore.... You would still need doubles and would still require deco if you were on Air.

Safe Diving

We do this dive all winter, using 32%, there is no deco obligation if done properly. There is 2 lines the first one from the Rockport Dive center was placed there in 1996 and has 2 breaks in it. The other is from the boat launch placed there in 2001 goes to the mooring block.

Tom

Thanks for the info.

Might be down this Saturday for a refreshing dive in the tropical waters of Rockport.

Well, we stand correct.

I guess its my fault.. I started this thread and misspelt the name.

Back
Top Bottom