Kings Beach/Wetherill 6/9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefseal

Contributor
Reaction score
Had to go to Newport RI for a business lunch meeting at Castle Inn Resort. Took my gear with me for a couple dives in area afterwards.

Dove Kings Beach, near by and did a second at Ft. Wetherill.

The vis was much better at Kings. 15-20 feet. Water is So much warmer down there. 60 degrees, even at depth (42 fsw) So much fish life there. Swam through Balls of minnows/bait fish, lots of fluke and Stripers. Explains why a popular spear fishing area. There were two free divers that just finished spear fishing as I arrived.

Wetherill was crappy vis. 5-10 feet. Still the same as when I last dove it. I didn't have my Jerry Shine book with me. If did, would have tried other sites. It was 57 degrees at max depth (56 Fsw) I did the left cove and ended at right cove.

Surfaced to rain which had all way home.

Want to do Beavertail next time. Winds were from S. SW, seas 1 foot or less w/ 5-10 knot winds. I was tempted to go over and check out. If I had gone earlier in AM, I'm sure would have been ok.

will do for sure next time get down there

Thanks for the trip report! We'll be diving this area on Sunday for my little cousin's checkout dives - glad to see the water will be a little warmer for her than it was for her training dives in the pond on the Cape!
Also looking forward to her seeing the sealife for the first time!!

My daughter completed last of her Open Water checkout dives today. So far, she has only done lakes/ponds (e.g. Hathaway) We'll be back down in Dennis Port 4th of July weekend and can't wait to turn her onto STB, Sesuit Harbor.. Would love to get the two of them together. My Son does his check out dives the 26th/27th as well. He had a scheduling conflict.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom