Killer whales off Waikiki ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uh yeah.. but after seeing the videos posted above..
would you trust their intelligence enough to jump into the water with orcas (pseudo or otherwise)?

especially the vid of the orcas eating/playing ball with live sea lions :shocked2:

Ah come on JJ you only live once! ;-) Be a little adventurous. By the way you didn't cower much when you seen that Hammerhead yesterday....hmmmm Maybe I have you pinned wrong. :crafty:

puh-shaw.. :eyebrow:

come on!.. i've swam with a school of 5 large hammers..
and the largest in that bunch was a lot bigger than the one we saw yesterday..

however.. orcas seem much much larger.. plus, i've never swam with them..

as they say.. familiarity breeds contempt.. :shocked2:

did you notice in the video.. i actually swam in toward the hammer.

btw.. where are your stills?

Actually, I have jumped in the water with wild Orcas. I even knew his name Everest. He was a large male. These are the resident whales of Washington State.

I sang into my snorkel hoping he would come and take a look. He ignored me; didnÃÕ even come close. His dorsal was at least 6 feet tall and straight as a board.

Notice that the video of the "attack" on the human was in captivitiy. All of the other videos are of the whales attacking their identified prey.

That being said, I would not get in the water with transient, mammal-eating Orcas. Not because I think they would mistake me for prey, but because they obviously have a temper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom