Killer question ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver30

Reaction score
Hey i was wondering if anybody could help me i want a set of double but i dont no which ones to get people r saying twin 7s would be adequate for me as i have dive to 18 metres for an hour and used a 100 bar but other people r reccomending 300 bar 10s as u can see im mega confused im 14 and have little tiny lungs so if any one has any help please please please help me:)

Why do you want doubles? What problem are you trying to solve with doubles?

Roak

i suppose i want them just to do me nitrox cause and to start goin to say 45 metres and there really nice to have:)

Son,
You stay away from deep, long dives for now. You have at least four years until your epiphyseal lines have finished their growth work. I'm serious.
Rick

I will entertain you once.
Your epiphyseal lines are the growth areas near the ends of your long bones. They are suspected to be highly susceptable to potential damage from hyperbaric stresses, particularly from nitrogen bubbles. They are active until you have quit growing, typically 18-20. That is why at 14 you shouldn't dive beyond 60' (18M), and you should'nt even come close to the no-decompression limits.
------------------------
Now, that answered, if you expect to get information from me or anyone else on this board, you will tone your language down a bit.
Rick

i didnt mean it to sound like i was shouting i was simply asking what them things was and i just dont like being treated like im stupid so shall we call it a truce

Listen to the advice you are hearing here. I have two sons OLDER than you that are not mature enough yet to try Scuba - If you don't believe all us old farts, then listen to Divers Alert Network. These are the people that are the undisputed authorities on diving and medicine: look at this link that speaks about young divers...
http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/medical/faq/faq.asp?faqid=132

This sport is about having SAFE FUN...don't get caught up in the competition for whose got the biggest or most tanks or deepest dive - stick to spitting and wrestling contests...you'll live long enough to enjoy old gas and good grammar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom