Tec Course Reccomendations Hurghada/Sharm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nickeverett1981

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all, Im heading to egypt for a couple of weeks in April and considering to further my technical/gas/deco knowledge a little. Im an instructor with both PADI and SSI and but havent been teaching for a good few years. I dont really feel like I've done any learning for a long time and quite keen to get started.

Im intruigued by the different course progression from SSI/PADI/TDI but I've read several threads here and elsewhere suggesting that the intstructor/dive centre might be more important to the quality of education than the organisation it's done through. This makes alot of sense to me even from the perspective of teaching recreational as I've met a lot of divers with cert cards that really needed to be taught all over again!

Based on this I'm hoping to get some reccomendations for operators/instructors in either Hurghada or Sharm el sheik. Im not sure where we will end up yet and a good reccomendation might tip the balance.

Thanks in advance for any possible help. Much appreciated!

Nick

Hi all, Im heading to egypt for a couple of weeks in April and considering to further my technical/gas/deco knowledge a little. Im an instructor with both PADI and SSI and but havent been teaching for a good few years. I dont really feel like I've done any learning for a long time and quite keen to get started. Im intruigued by the different course progression from SSI/PADI/TDI but I've read several threads here and elsewhere suggesting that the intstructor/dive centre might be more important to the quality of education than the organisation it's done through. This makes alot of sense to me even from the perspective of teaching recreational as I've met a lot of divers with cert cards that really needed to be taught all over again! Based on this I'm hoping to get some reccomendations for operators/instructors in either Hurghada or Sharm el sheik. Im not sure where we will end up yet and a good reccomendation might tip the balance. Thanks in advance for any possible help. Much appreciated! Nick

Why on earth do you want to do technical diving training in Hurghada/Sharm when you live in Malta, the capital city of technical diving training in the Med.?? You have some of the best names in technical diving instructions in Malta. Hurghada/Sharm aren't known for technical diving. Dahab is but many of the good technical diving instructors left there during COVID times. People travel to Malta for all types of technical diving training and you want to go somewhere else?

Ah.... because I haven't updated my profile to reflect the fact that I haven't been in Malta since 2016 and I now live in London which is the capital city of not going diving at all unless you're fixing something or recovering something awful. Fair question though :facepalm:

Antonio is a great instructor, I did travel to Egypt (Sharm) for ccr training, and it was worth it.

I don’t know exactly what kind of training you want to do. But maybe Antonio could offer you training, or he could tell you other names of a good instructor.

Thanks Barth, ill contact him. Im hoping to do at least advanced nitrox and decompression procedures. or the padi equivalent but depends on time location etc...

If you're already going to sharm, I'd just go to dahab and train with Sameh Sokar at scuba seekers (or one of the other technical dive instructors there).

Thanks sebs, much appreciated. Its looking increasingly likely that I'll have to stay in hurghada. I guess my options there are fairly limited but I'd anyone has any reccomendations that would very great. Otherwise it'll have to wait till the next trip...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom