Killed my DC1400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am surprised that SL did not respond to the first time use as well. And I'll second Don on State Farm - also a good and relatively inexpensive policy here in Maryland. I have the DAN dive insurance, but although I have listed dive equipment with them... the cameras are not in there for flooding... only if stolen. As Don says, their other products are variable, you can get better trip interruption coverage from a few providers, theirs is just a self branded version of one of the standard ones.

I like DAN for dive insurance and medical aid, but nothing else they try impresses me. It's a membership driven organization so if enough members tell them to add camera or gear insurance, they try to shop it - but something went wrong.

State Farm's Personal Article Policy is available in Texas I know, quite affordable, claims are easy, and they pay well. I know because I had a bad year with laptops, etc. and they paid well. They decided I was too much of a klutz and dropped me after several claims, but they held their part of the bargain well.

Or you might prefer to list such on your home insurance. Your agent can explain, whether you own or rent.

Glad you got yours replaced for $250, but sorry you're out that much. Good luck.

Thanks for the info, I'll check with my insurance (not State Farm) and see if they have such a policy available.

---------- Post added February 17th, 2014 at 08:16 AM ----------

I am surprised that SL did not respond to the first time use as well. And I'll second Don on State Farm - also a good and relatively inexpensive policy here in Maryland. I have the DAN dive insurance, but although I have listed dive equipment with them... the cameras are not in there for flooding... only if stolen. As Don says, their other products are variable, you can get better trip interruption coverage from a few providers, theirs is just a self branded version of one of the standard ones.

No, they just directed me to where I could get a new one. But I'll follow up on a message I received today. Here's what I got from them the first time:

The cameras are available from our parts distributor, SeaLife Camera Parts - SeaLife Battery - Moisture Muncher. As long as the Recsea housing has a 1/4 20" tripod mount the strobe will work. If you have the proflash, the camera must have 4 or less preflashes

They answered my question though.

---------- Post added February 17th, 2014 at 08:18 AM ----------

Genemoren,

Please contact our service center, techservice@sealife-cameras.com

Ok, I'll do that.

---------- Post added February 17th, 2014 at 08:29 AM ----------

They didn't offer to replace the camera for you or give you a discount? I would at least ask them since the camera was never used. Most they can say is No.

Noi, they just told me where to get anew camera. But I've sent another email so I'll see what they say this time. Fingers crossed. :)

Thanks for the info, I'll check with my insurance (not State Farm) and see if they have such a policy available.
That'll probably work, but the State Farm PAP is available alone, without insuring anything else with them. Both good options.

That'll probably work, but the State Farm PAP is available alone, without insuring anything else with them. Both good options.
Thanks

---------- Post added February 17th, 2014 at 06:12 PM ----------

Sealife came through, tech services is replacing my camera at a heck of a discount. Such good service, my faith has been restored. Time for camera insurance

Back
Top Bottom