Kia Ora from New Zealand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nettie-NZ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi from Kiwiland.

Decided to join up here so I can find out more about different places to go diving from others who have already been there.

I'm off to Cuba next year and hoping to get at least a couple of days of diving in on that trip.

The other thing I want to remedy soon is the fact that I've never been diving in my own country yet! In the past I've been put off by the cold water temps - well maybe with a new 7mm wet suit I'll just get over it and get on with experiencing some of the diving in my own back yard.

Anyway looking forward to being able to share stories with people here :blinking:

Cheers!
Nettie

Welcome to Scubaboard Nettie! I'm sure you'll find tons of first hand info on diving locale's around the world.

I was lucky enough to be able to do a few days of diving in your beautiful country a couple of years ago, and you should definitively give it a go. While I dove it dry, Poor Knights is not that cold (I think there are times when you can do it in a 5mm), and is amazing, your missing out if you haven't dove there. Kapiti Island, while colder water, was pretty decent as well. Only problem with diving locally is its way easier to become addicted!

Dive safe and have fun!

Mark

Hi! I'm new on here too but just saw your post... Whereabouts in NZ are you? If you're not too far from Whangarei you should come and check out the Poor Knights, they're fantastic :)

Back
Top Bottom