Hello from Southern California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nkkm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Been a member on here for a little while but have not posted.

I've been diving for 30 years on and off with some big breaks over the years. Mostly a vacation diver but trying to start doing multiple trips a year in future having finally investing in my own gear and computer.

Have dove all over the world. Growing up in Australia I first got addicted diving in Fiji many moons ago.

Been in California for 14 years but not yet braved the cold to dive here :)

Look forward to contributing more to the board.

Thanks!
Nick

Thank you! More that I am too used to 80 degree water :D

Definitely starting to look into it though!

80 degree water is nice, but if you haven't swum through a kelp forest with the sun light shining through or been buzzed by a playful sea lion, or had a harbor seal sit in your lap you just haven't lived.

80 degree water is nice, but if you haven't swum through a kelp forest with the sun light shining through or been buzzed by a playful sea lion, or had a harbor seal sit in your lap you just haven't lived.

I hear you! I know it's silly but I actually saw the kelp forest exhibit at the California Science Center last year and its really peaked my interest in diving around California.

We swam with sea lions in La Paz a few years back and it was definitely one of the best in water experiences I have had so would love to experience that again.

Where would you recommend starting?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom